Splash is an international development organization founded in 2007 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, USA. Our mission is simple: we clean water for kids. To date, we have reached over 600,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we embarked on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. Splash is working with the government to reach 100% of government schools in Addis Ababa with full WASH coverage by the end of 2023 and is in a process of expanding its operations into additional geographies, beginning in Ethiopia.
Our core values guide everything we do, including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants for employment.
This is a full-time position based in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and coordinate all data collection activities implemented by local enumerators
- Ensure that relevant data are captured and uploaded on Salesforce, Asana, and other data recording tools in a timely manner
- Engage with the Addis MLE and program teams towards the development of better approaches in implementation and ensuring program quality
- Maintain professional objectivity and uphold protocols to reduce bias and preserve subject dignity and safety
REPORTS TO: WASH Project Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (e.g., Statistics, Public Health, Epidemiology)
- At least five years of working experience and demonstrated knowledge of monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills among staff, donors, and government stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships with stakeholders, school management, and government representatives
- Highly proficient in providing oversight to project implementation.
- Proven experience managing staff, and demonstrated success in collaborating with a senior management team
- Professional fluency in Amharic and English
- You are part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and supporting the success of others
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness, and sound judgment
- You are innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
- You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to listen and communicate effectively
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve
- You are willing and able to work in Bahir Dar
- You are willing and able to participate in meetings outside of normal business hours, as needed
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The annual salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and reviewed at least annually.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING.