Advisor (m/f) International Water Stewardship Programme
Field of activity
The proliferation of water crises is the biggest global risk facing countries and industries (2015 World Economic Forum Global Risk Report). In many developing and emerging economies water-related hazards such as floods, shortages and pollution, create increasing economic risks, threatening private sector profits, supply chains and investments. These hazards also massively impact on communities and governments, threatening to choke socio-economic development. New partnerships among governments, companies and communities must be forged urgently to address these threats effectively. In response, the International Water Stewardship Programme (IWaSP) promotes corporate water stewardship and multi-stakeholder collective action for water security. To assess and manage water risks IWaSP utilizes cutting edge approaches as well as tools for enabling partnerships. Initially focusing on watersheds in Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia and Zambia IWaSP is expanding to Pakistan.
- Identifying, facilitating and overseeing the development of multi-stakeholder partnerships between the public sector, private sector and civil society
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets, risks, issues, decisions of all partnerships/co-operations
- Supporting portfolio development of IWaSP and acquisition of donor and private sector co-financing
- Overseeing all IWaSP country expenditures and all financial and contractual due diligence and screening processes including budgetary management and oversight of delivery of the service package from the IWaSP headquarter in Germany
- Further development of strategic thematic areas
- Assuring coordination and alignment of IWaSP activities with the bilateral Pakistan GIZ “Water Efficiency in the Textile Industry” programme.
- Academic degree in a relevant subject with focus on Environment
- Longstanding work experience with the private sector and experience in working with public sectors in developing countries
- Experience in the delivery of risk analyses, finance or economic services relating to water and sustainability
- Longstanding experience in multi-stakeholder partnership development for water resources management in developing or emerging economies
- Willingness to travel frequently for business trips within Pakistan
- Excellent presenting and networking skills
- Sound knowledge of the principles of water stewardship and collective action is a benefit
- Written and oral fluency in in English, knowledge of Urdu is an advantage
- Prior work experience in Pakistan is a benefit
- Experience in working with international cooperating partners is an advantage
01.11.2016 – 31.12.2018
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competencies when you apply online.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 01.09.2016.
++49 – (0)6196 – 79 – 2164