Social and Behavior Change Specialist
Mozambique Transform WASH Proposal
Chemonics International, a Washington D.C.-based international development organization, seeks to fill the position of Social and Behavior Change (Social and Behavior Change) Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Mozambique TRANSFORM WASH activity. This activity is intended to support the increase of sustainable access to water and sanitation services in Mozambique, with focus on small towns, rural growth-centers, and peri-urban areas. This activity will seek to materialize the USAID Mozambique Mission’s WASH strategic goal, which aims to support the achievement of Improved well-being of communities, especially women and girls in Mozambique by ensuring increased use and sustainable management of water and sanitation services. All applicants must be proficient in Portuguese. This position will be based in Maputo, Mozambique. This requisition is for an anticipated proposal. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Engage in each project’s Social and Behavior Change (SBC) technical activities, as requested. This may include leading activities such as literature reviews, and developing formative research protocols, and assisting in qualitative and quantitative research analysis, developing Behavior Profiles to assist in strategy formulation, identifying behavioral outcome indicators, and supporting project monitoring and reporting
- Contribute to the increase in adoption of key WASH behaviors and address harmful gender norms that prohibit women and girls from equally benefiting from WASH investments within the USAID Transform WASH program areas
- Produce, assemble, comment on, and/or edit content for project materials, website pages, and key documents
- Conduct research on technical issues and support business development efforts as requested
- Contribute to the development of work plans, PMPs, and reporting requirements (monthly, quarterly, annual)
- Master’s degree in one of the following or related fields: public health, environmental health, adult education, health promotion or other related fields, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience working with developing countries’ governments, CSOs, NGOs, and/or the private sector
- Experience and ability to design and manage comprehensive WASH and behavior change initiatives that are based on identification of influential behavioral determinants of WASH behaviors for priority audiences
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English are required, Portuguese is preferred
The deadline for submission is October 11, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note a CV is required. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. This requisition is for an anticipated proposal.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.