Hills and Fleurieu Landscape Board
Job reference: 456607
Location: 5251 – MOUNT BARKER, 5172 – WILLUNGA
Job status: Long Term Contract
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
The Hills and Fleurieu Landscape Board is one of nine regional landscape boards across South Australia. We support communities and land managers to improve the management of the region’s landscapes, and place community at the heart of sustainably managing soil, water, pest plants and animals and biodiversity. If you’re passionate about working to support these areas, we want to hear from you.
The Senior Water Planner is responsible for supporting the provision of water resources for all water users within the Hills and Fleurieu region. This involves providing policy and planning advice to the community and government, delivering a range of on-ground monitoring and evaluation projects for the implementation of water allocation plans and developing targeted communication and engagement strategies with stakeholders in the region.
Key Deliverables include:
- Ensuring Water Allocation Plans are reviewed and amended, in accordance with state and national legislation and guidelines.
- Planning, managing and implementing projects.
- Providing advice to the Hills and Fleurieu Landscape Board, employees and community on water related matters.
- Engaging stakeholders, including First Nations and industries, in planning processes.
- Developing communication materials.
- Accurately preparing Board Papers, Ministerial Briefings and written responses.
- Creating positive working relationships that contribute to the development, implementation and review of water management policies and plans.
- Position is located in Mt Barker or Willunga.
- May be required to participate in fire management or associated duties.
- A current class “C” driver’s licence, and willingness to drive, is essential.
- Some out of hours work, intrastate travel involving overnight absences from home or out of normal office hours is required as part of the position.
Full-time, 3 years
$92,784 – $98,143 per annum (ASO6)
Paul Wainwright, Team Leader Water Resources
Phone: 0429 678 475
E-mail: [email protected]
Applicants must apply through I Work for SA and submit a crrent CV and letter of application (maximum 3 pages), addressing the Elements of the Core Competencies and the Technical, Professional/Knowledge and Experience sections within the Role Description. Please refer to the Applicant Guidelines for guidances.
Applicants must complete a Pre-Employment Declaration as part of the application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouragd to apply.
Applications close: 09/10/2021 6:00 PM
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.