Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure proper follow up of works at the implantation area/site
- Supervise (Assistant / Technical Assistant) for day to day tasks and operational functions
- Prepare relevant technical documents (BoQs, drawings, scope of works…)
- Monitor implementation of technically complex/sensitive works.
- Prepare and/or verify surveyed quantities by more junior staff across worksites, and monitor the budget of various projects under his/hers supervision.
- Harmonize works quality (material specifications and implementation methods)across different worksites.
- Solve persistent technical issues beyond the capacity of more junior staff.
- Spot-check the surveyed quantities at worksite.
- Contribute to supervising and supporting the distribution of NFI materials to the identified stakeholders.
Conduct Assessments and Prepare Studies:
- Lead & guide Rapid Needs Assessments (RNAs) & Multi-Sectoral Needs Assessments (MSNAs).
- Track and guide WASH Technical Assessments (damage level, technical intervention needed, social aspects, etc.).
- Ensure proper consolidation of different assessment outputs and verify the preparation of relevant technical study needed (BoQ, drawings, etc.).
- Raise Program Quality.
- Conduct technical research (new technologies) and market visit (material availability, pricelist update, etc.).
- Ensure relevant building codes and standards are followed
- Liaise with other NGOs or service providers as per line manager instructions in order to acquire technical information and support.
- Participate in analysing the available data to optimize future interventions (PDM results, etc.).
- Contribute to the process of updating technical tools and guidelines by sharing relevant technical experience with Technical Officers, Shelter coordinator and Shelter Specialist
- Actively participate in lessons learned discussion based on previous projects.
- Compile lessons learnt at different stages of program cycle
- Transfer the technical knowledge and build the capacity of more junior staff.
- Project M&E:
- Protection Mainstreaming
Collaboration. The position-holder is responsible for maintaining a collaborative working environment with other team members; Shelter/NFI/WASH project team, other Core Competencies team in addition to the Support Teams.
- Bachelor/Diploma Degree should be in Engineering , it is preferable electrical, mechanical, civil.
- OR Diploma Degree (intermediate institute) with a minimum of 7 years of work experience in similar field.
- Experience in managing A team (1) year
- Working in a humanitarian/recovery context or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Fluency in Arabic & English, both written and verbal.
- Skills in using CAD and other essential engineering software
- Strategic thinking.
- Managing performance and development.
- Initiating action and change.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
We can offer
Contract period: Up to one year, renewable based on NRC fund and performance.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty station: Aleppo
– Candidates who do not fill in the website application form in details may not be considered.
-Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
You may refer to the relevant job description HERE