WaterAid is seeking a Private Sector Advisor to help us deliver ensure everyone everywhere has access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH for short) by 2030 – further and faster through our private sector networks and partnerships.
Working within the Innovation and Strategic Engagement team, in the Strategic Partnerships Department, the Private Sector Advisor role acts as an expert, non-fundraising, focal point on the private sector in order to:
- Support the development of strategic partnerships which create shared value for WaterAid and our corporate partners.
- Lead WaterAid’s work to catalyse, guide and influence effective action by multinational and national companies towards delivery of universal access to WASH.
- Lead on building and leveraging key business/water networks to raise WASH and the human rights to water and sanitation up the corporate agenda.
To be successful you’ll need to have:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – verbally and in writing. Confidence and ability to represent/present WaterAid to senior stakeholders.
- Significant experience and knowledge of the sustainable development agenda within the private sector, preferably including the global water challenge and/or supply chain issues.
- Experience of researching/building a case by gathering and presenting data/reports.
The Private Sector Advisor role is key to build the evidence base to influence the private sector to take action on WASH and works closely with key stakeholders across WaterAid globally to build and support new and influential private sector partnerships – for everyone everywhere by 2030.
We welcome applicants from the private sector and/or affiliate networks. Applicants are not limited to being from international NGOs.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water and sanitation. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits, such as an exceptional pension fund, medical cash plans, an employee assistance programme, generous annual leave and Save As You Learn schemes, as well as fitness and lifestyle programmes.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.