• Salary Package: Level B from $108,111 to $127,913 p.a., plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading.
• Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
• Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are looking for an outstanding Lecturer with a track record of teaching and research and/or industry experience in the discipline or practise of the field of Water Resources within Civil Engineering. The successful applicant will be expected to develop, teach and convene units at a postgraduate and undergraduate level, while supervising Higher Degree Research students as well as leading and collaborating on research projects in the design of hydraulic structures, probabilistic design and flood risk management, or related areas.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong track record in research, teaching and industry collaboration, as well as personal and profession skills that can enable service and leadership contributions that will help to strengthen the impact and reputation of the School of Engineering, Faculty of Science and Engineering and Macquarie University.
In Macquarie’s Faculty of Science and Engineering you’ll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia’s most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world’s first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
The School of Engineering sits within the Faculty of Science and Engineering.We are talented and knowledgeable engineers and we form teams of innovators and creators with an outstanding for teaching and a strong desire to make an impact in research. The School currently has approximately 40 academics and 70 research students, and an ever-growing cohort of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students.
We are committed to improving the diversity of our team by building an equitable and inclusive culture. For, instance, we strongly encourage applications from experienced individuals who are looking to return to the workforce, changing career path or cannot commit to full-time work. You will have access to flexible working hours, on-site parking and generous parental leave allowances.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate document responding to the selection criteria below:
- A PhD in Civil (Water Resources) Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Demonstrated commitment in delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels with an understanding of scholarly teaching with alternative / flexible learning modes
- Demonstrated teaching experience in the areas of hydraulic engineering and water resources management and in particular, design of hydraulic infrastructures
- A demonstrated track record of excellence in research
- Proven ability to successfully attract and supervise research students
- Demonstrated ability to attract research grants and/or industry support
- Proven ability to interact effectively with students, staff, industry and the community
- Develop and maintain an internationally recognized, cross-disciplinary research program, and to be able to contribute to current running activities in the School and the Faculty.
- An interest in multidisciplinary research and practical experience in industry and/or consulting is desirable
Enquiries: Dean of School of Engineering, Professor Darren Bagnall at [email protected] or +61 2 9850 9071.
If you’re already part of the Macquarie Group (MQ University, [email protected], MQ Health, MGSM), you’ll need to apply through your employee Workday account. To apply for this job: Login to Workday and go to the Careers App > Find Jobs.
Applications Close:10/10/2021 11:59 PM
Equity & Diversity Statement
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.