Background of Organization:
Kalike is an associate organization of the TATA Trusts, working as a nodal agency to implement the Trusts’ Kalike Samruddhi Upakram -KSU (Learning Enhancement Initiative). Kalike operates in Yadgir district, Karnataka through direct field engagement, Kalike strives to facilitate deep, large-scale and long-term impact on the quality of life in Yadgir through Education health & nutrition, skill development and livelihood. Besides facilitating interventions in partnership with the state governments and other NGOs/Institutions, Kalike plays a critical role in providing monitoring services and technical support to Trusts partners; incubating new innovations/strategies, acts as a knowledge hub and works towards scaling up programs for long-term impact.
1 Role : Technical Expert (Water Engineering)
2 Location: Yadgir, Karnataka
4 Last date to apply: 7th October 2021
5 Send your CV to email: [email protected]
6 Subject – Tag Line: Application for Technical Expert (Water Engineer)
Position in Organization hierarchy
The person he/she will directly report to, who will conduct their formal performance review
Appraiser : Program Officer
Reviewer: Program Director / Executive Director
Brief Job Description:
• To undertake a wide range of technical and non-technical duties at all stages of development and implementation of Community/Rural Water Supply Schemes.
• Review the technical specifications and recommendations for their effective use in the Project work.
• Monitor technical aspects of drinking water and sanitation components in field– especially on quality of physical interventions.
• Providing strong supervision of Water Supply and Sanitation project implementation process.
• Good understanding of Jal Jeevan Mission Programme and expected to remain updated on current developments in the area of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
• Design, conduct/facilitate initial site survey and data collection for the WASH-JJM project.
• Follow implementation of WASH projects, based on technical specification and contract recommendations.
• Liaising with government agencies and local authorities.
• Knowledge and experience of using variety of computer applications/simulation software.
• To build the capacity of self as well as of team.
• To maintain the relevant data and the documents of the program and to share the updated data set with the accurate Management Information System (MIS) in WASH at regular intervals.
• Design and implement innovative, cost effective community managed drinking water monitoring and management systems.
• Designing and managing water surveillance system
• Undertake any other responsibilities that management may entrust upon you.
The Candidates should:
A primary degree in a subject such as Geology/ Civil/Environmental Engineering /Environmental Sciences.
Desirable: Experience in Water Supply Projects and Schemes. Good understanding of Community Water Supply Schemes such as Single Village and Multi Village Schemes. Good knowledge of written and spoken in English. Previous experience in developing sector with similar conditions will be an advantage. Knowledge in using variety of specialised computer applications/simulation software
Other Skills Required Candidates should:
• Have a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in water supply and sanitation field.
• Has a strong knowledge on Kannada language and working knowledge of English
• Possess strong communication skills.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment.
• Training and Capacity Building.
? Self-starter, influencer, and excellent communicator.
? Basic/Good computer proficiency
Salary: Commensurate with experience and skill sets.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted/ informed to attend the written test and interview.
Job Email id: hr(at)kalike.org