Background of Organization:
Kalike is an associate organization of the TATA Trusts, working as a nodal agency to implement the Trusts’ Kalike Samruddhi Upakram -KSU (Learning Enhancement Initiative). Kalike operates in Yadgir district, Karnataka through direct field engagement, Kalike strives to facilitate deep, large-scale and long-term impact on the quality of life in Yadgir through Education health & nutrition, skill development and livelihood. Besides facilitating interventions in partnership with the state governments and other NGOs/Institutions, Kalike plays a critical role in providing monitoring services and technical support to Trusts partners; incubating new innovations/strategies, acts as a knowledge hub and works towards scaling up programs for long-term impact.
1 Role : Engineer (Water and Sanitation)
2 Location: Yadgir, Karnataka
4 Last date to apply: 5th October 2021
5 Send your CV to email: [email protected]
6 Subject – Tagline: Application Engineer (Water & Sanitation)
Position in Organization hierarchy
The person he/she will directly report to, who will conduct their formal performance review
Appraiser : Program Officer
Reviewer: Program Director / Executive Director
Brief Job Description
• Review the technical specifications and recommendations for their effective use in the Project works.
• Monitor technical aspects of drinking water and sanitation components in field– especially on quality of physical interventions.
• Providing strong supervision of Water Supply and Sanitation projects implementation process.
• Good understanding of Jal Jeevan Mission Programme with reference to Implementation and Operation and Maintenance of Community Water Supply Scheme.
• Conduct initial site survey and data collection for the WASH-JJM projects.
• Follow up implementation of WASH projects based on technical specification and contract recommendation.
• Liaising with government agencies and local authorities such as DWM, RWS&S department, Village Water and Sanitation Committees.
• Using a variety of specialist computer applications/simulation software.
• Assist reporting officer with timely review and consolidation of work plans of the WASH team.
• Assist reporting officer in ensuring timely updated and accurate Management Information System (MIS) in WASH.
• Any other relevant task that comes under the scope of their work.
The Candidates should:
Civil/Environmental Engineer degree with 2 years’ experience or diploma with 3 years.
Desirable: Two to three years of related experience in Water Supply and Sanitation field. Experience in Rural Water Supply Projects. Good knowledge of written and spoken in English. Previous experience in Developing sector with similar conditions will be an advantage.
Other Skills Required Candidates should:
• Have a minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in relevant field.
• Has a strong knowledge on Kannada language and working knowledge of English.
• Possess strong communication skills.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment.
• Training and Capacity Building.
? Basic/Good computer proficiency
? Self-starter, influencer, and excellent communicator.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and skill sets.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted/ informed to attend the written test and interview.
Job Email id: hr(at)kalike.org