The Land and Water Division (NSL) aims at enhancing the agricultural productivity and nutrition by advancing the sustainable use of land and water resources through their improved governance, management, development and conservation. It addresses the challenges member countries face in ensuring productive and efficient use of land and water resources in order to meet present and future demands for agricultural products, while ensuring the long-term sustainability of the land and water quantity and quality.
Tripartite (The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, FAO, the International Office of Epizootics, OIE – also known as the World Organization for Animal Health, and the World Health Organization, WHO) collaboration for AMR is well established for human, animal and food aspects, but increased/stronger Tripartite plus the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) collaboration for AMR in the environment is needed. Through this project, the four organizations aim to accelerate country-level action on mitigating the spread of AMR through the environment from point- and nonpoint-source pollution from plant and animal production, including aquaculture, as well as urban centres. Incorporating policy and regulatory framework tools and options for safe wastewater treatment and reuse, including by-products, and the West African Shorthorn (WASH) and wastewater management in urban settings within National Action Plans (NAPs) will address the key linkages between human, animal, plant and planetary health.
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Director of the Land and Water Division, NSL, the direct supervision of an NSL Senior Officer and the functional supervision of OCC for advocacy products and in close coordination with the OCC Communication Officer for NSL the Incumbent will perform the following tasks:
Tasks and responsibilities
• Survey the needs of low- and middle-income countries to understand the priority areas to ensure relevance of awareness raising content and activities;
• Develop an awareness raising and capacity development roadmap that maps out topics/subtopics, audience segmentation, delivery modes;
• On behalf of the Multi Partners Trust Fund (MPTF), prepare a training package for the Tripartite (FAO, WHO and OIE) plus UNEP regional and country One Health, AMR and/or environment focal points, as well as an induction package on the environmental dimensions of AMR. This could be online/e-learning. The training package could have thematic modules for regional and country office staff (beyond focal points). Appropriate access by actors external to the Tripartite plus UNEP will need to be considered;
• Develop an advocacy package to raise awareness at country offices and among Tripartite plus UNEP country representatives about the environmental dimensions of AMR, using existing materials (e.g. WHO/FAO/OIE Technical brief on WASH and wastewater management to prevent infections and reduce the spread of AMR) plus a two-page and/or video overview;
• In consultation with OCCI and OCCP, set up a platform(s) or channel for sharing information and publications, as well as e-learning materials/self-learning materials across regions and countries;
• Develop a document with detailed guidance and recommendations for: (1) translation of existing e-learning materials; (2) conversion of existing training materials to e-learning materials; and (3) development of e-learning materials/modules;
• Develop a list of global and major regional AMR and environmental health events, and consider opportunities for related ‘learning events’ two/three weeks prior to these events. Develop calendar and propose learning events;
• Liaise project partners (Tripartite plus UNEP) for the efficient implementation of awareness raising and capacity development project activities;
• Perform any other duties when required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in media and digital media, public relations, natural resources management, agriculture, political sciences, or other related fields;
• At least 7 years of relevant working experience in knowledge and experience with developing advocacy materials/packages, preparation of training material, including e-learning material, and organization and implementation of capacity development activities at the global, regional, national and field levels;
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) for Consultants. Working knowledge of English for Personal Services Agreement (PSA) Subscribers.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one area of work including proven ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary global teams;
• Extent and relevance of experience in organizing training and other capacity building activities;
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly integrate technical information;
• Knowledge of online platforms and channels for document sharing;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Excellent organizational, team and interpersonal skills.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For more information, visit the FAO employment website
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: [email protected]