Position:Engineer – Jal Jeevan Mission
Educational Qualification & Work experience:Bachelor/ B. Tech in Civil engineering/Environmental Engineering/ Masters in Geo-hydrology/ Public Health Engineering /Management or equivalent. Minimum 7 years of professional experience, preferably in areas of Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Minimum 3-year experience of estimating, designing, and construction of drinking water projects.
Organization:Collective for Integrated Livelihood Initiatives – CInI, an organization registered under the Societies Act is an associate organization of Tata Trust. CInI aims to transform the lives of tribal households in the Central India tribal belt, through building knowledge and scaling up programmes in thematic areas of rural livelihoods, education, drinking water and sanitation and health. One of the pioneer programme under the livelihood portfolio is “Lakhpati Kisan”, which has been successfully implemented with 1,01,000 households across four states. CInI has covered 30,000 households under the in Jharkhand across six districts and nine blocks. Under Swachh Bharat Mission, CInI is currently working across 180 villages and 15,000 households in Jharkhand to improve access to hygienic toilets, increase use of toilets and demonstrations of community managed piped water supply systems with household tap connections.
For more details ref: www.cinicell.org
Desirable: Good Communication & Documentation skills
Good knowledge of English & Hindi.
Computer Knowledge in MS Office, auto-cad, epanet (software)
1. To support district departments in developing technical designs/estimation of infrastructure through technical assessment of field situation.
2. Coordinate/network with institutions, agencies and individuals relating to water supply including water quality monitoring.
3. Provide/ facilitate technical support on engineering, community development, and water resource management.
4. Taking approval from state / district department of DPR of project level schemes
5. Building strong partnerships with various stakeholders at state and district level
6. Develop bench marking standards for quality monitoring, especially on behavioral change aspects.
7. To maintain monitoring mechanism, impact indicators and Management Information System (MIS) to track the impact indicators for the program.
8. To undertake data management, preparation of monthly/ quarterly and annual progress reports and submit to district/State PMU and other stake holders.
9. Conduct regular meetings for monitoring the project activities and reporting to Management.
10. Review on functioning and performance of technical aspect of the project on periodic interval.
11. Plan and support preparation of Detailed Project Reports, Measurement Books, Cost Estimation of civil works, work orders, purchase orders, Technical Estimation and technical documentation for every site to fulfill project’s objectives.
12. Support in processing procurement of all materials / equipment’s / contracts.
13. Undertake water quality assessment based on chemical and micro- biological contamination.
14. Identify appropriate technology for water purification and implement the same.
15. Document pre and post intervention’s photos of each civil intervention in project areas.
16. Report to central teams with requisite data, reports, information, photos, etc. to fulfil the objectives of project.
17. Coordinate with State, District, Block and Village level government authorities to fulfil project’s objectives as and when required.
18. Coordinate with block / district level implementing team to facilitate implementation of project interventions and get requisite approvals (eg. NOCs, Completion Certificates / Hand- over certificates, etc.)
19. Attend internal review meetings at block / district / central level as required, and complete all programmatic reports on a timely manner.
20. Implement JJM programme in two districts.
21. Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfil the objectives of the project and organization and support team in cross-learnings through convergent work efforts.
22. Roll out of drinking water schemes in coordination with DWSS, GoJ in 220 village across operational area of CInI Jharkhand.
Nature of Job: Contractual, Salary based on qualification and experience
Location: Ranchi, Jharkhand
The application should reach CInI by 30th September 2021, and should be addressed to:Executive Director, Collectives for Integrated Livelihood Initiative
Job Email id: recruitments(at)cinicell.org