1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem is seeking an organized individual with an environmental or civil engineering and/or data analyst background to manage Xylem’s key drinking water industry client projects as part of an early-stage technology division within Xylem. This position offers the opportunity to join Xylem’s utility digital solution technology team in their endeavor to use data-driven technology and SaaS deployments to solve age-old infrastructure problems.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with team members to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, and on-scope.
- Operate effectively in a dynamic Software as a Service (SaaS) business environment by managing internal expectations as well as balancing business objectives with client goals.
- Serve as project manager for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, scope, quality, contracts) and ensure project delivery for a variety of hardware, software, and professional service projects.
- Maintain project management tools for project tracking, billing, and revenue forecast projections. (i.e. Jira, Confluence, Smartsheets)
- Oversee complex data integrations and conduct data analyses. Convey project results and findings to clients by means of oral discussions, presentations, and written project documentation.
- Understand Agile software development methodology & practices and actively contribute to the refinement and development of new product features and service offerings by identifying client needs and working closely with the product development team.
- Serve as technical interface with clients, business managers and commercial teams and provide direction to the engineering and product management teams.
- Become established as a trusted advisor to clients through relationship building and identification of client needs.
- Provide proposal support to Business Development team for Drinking Water Technology projects.
- Make complex, cutting-edge ideas understandable and exciting to utility managers and clients.
- Participate in organizational development within a rapidly growing team.
- Establish roles, responsibilities, and business processes across teams.
- Organized, disciplined, and focused approach to project management with experience taking ideas from concept through to completion in accordance with program objectives.
- Ability to bring structure to a project while incorporating creativity and innovation into the solutions.
- Experience delivering early-stage technology products where the client is between the 1st and 5th recipient of the technology.
- High emotional intelligence, with enthusiastic and innovative mindset to solve solutions and have an impact on client projects and team collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills to express complex ideas to professionally diverse audiences.
- Exposure to and open to learning different approaches and software for project management.
- Passion for Client Success and ensuring adoption of Xylem’s solutions.
- Ability to quickly develop working knowledge of Xylem’s value propositions.
- Comprehend technical components of a SaaS deployment and communicate requirements to both business and technical client audiences.
- Knowledge of project delivery methods, Agile software development, and client relationship building.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced growth environment and able to quickly adapt and innovate on business processes and team communications.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Graduation from a four-year university with a major in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical preferred), from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited program, engineering science, water and wastewater, asset management, or related field.
- 5+ years of technology-related experience in related field.
- Engineering, utility water asset management, consulting, data analytics, and/or water/wastewater condition assessment experience.
- Must have education/experience and accountability for cost control and profit targets and managing a project budget.
- Experience with agile development practices and working with software engineers, product managers, and sales.
- Experience in data analytics and managing complex data integrations.
- Experience with SaaS product.
- Experience navigating customer organizational structures, driving digital transformation, defining milestones, developing success criteria, and on-time delivery.
- Fluency in English with excellent technical report writing skills.
- A certificate of registration as a Professional Engineer issued by the local state/country authority a plus (or the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment).
- PMP and/or Scrum master Certification a plus (or the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment).
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility or customer job site
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and customers on a daily basis
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- General office environment and use of phone and computer equipment.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.