The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a new international organization committed to strong, inclusive green growth. We assist developing and emerging countries with integrating their ambitions for strong economic performance and environmental sustainability with the goal of bringing about poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Headquartered in Seoul, GGGI was established by treaty in June 2012 at the United Nations Rio+20 Conference by an initial group of eighteen nations who share the organization’s vision. To date, there are total of 26 Member Countries who joined the organization.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and sharing activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
The Investment and Policy Solutions Division (IPSD), based at GGGI’s Seoul headquarters works with programs in countries and on (global) projects, by:
- Providing technical and financial know-how through advice to country programs in the areas of energy, green cities, land use, and water;
- Working with the Green Growth Planning and Implementation Division (GGP&I) on the development of service offerings (in GGGI’s four main focus areas) and related methodologies (delivery approaches);
- Converting experience gained through country activities and engagement in international networks into elements of South-South cooperation programs, sub-regional knowledge sharing programs and national level capacity building activities;
- Developing global level tools such as the Green Growth Potential Assessment methodology and flagship products (such as the planned Green Growth Index);
- Contributing to the preparation of corporate communication material;
- Managing GGGI’s involvement in knowledge management networks such as the Green Growth Knowledge Platform or other international platforms as appropriate.
“GGGI is in the process of a grade realignment exercise. Implementation of the grade realignment may result in a change in the grade and title of this position.”
The Operations Support Associate will be part of the Policy Solutions Department of ISPD and report to Head of Policy Solutions (or Sector Leads in the Department). The main role of the candidate is to provide close operations support to the Department Head and project teams by ensuring seamless information gathering, compilation and management on departmental projects across different themes and countries. The position is expected to facilitate and ensure the effective delivery of operational functions and services in relation to the department portfolio.
- Provide portfolio assistance to Head of Policy Solutions (or Sector Leads) as needed
- Coordinate planning, budgeting and monitoring across different themes/sectors, projects, countries and teams in the department
- Design efficient and high quality information gathering/dissemination tools and processes for project activities in the department
- Monitor the delivery progress and risk mitigation measures of projects in the department portfolio via ERP and communicate with teams
- Coordinate with other GGGI departments (Finance, Procurement, office of ADG, etc.) to make communication and data compilation with the department seamless
- Present planning, budgeting and progress reports in easily readable MS PowerPoint slides and/or MS Word and continually monitor them
- Help prepare high-quality summaries and presentations of work of the department, with a focus on key audiences
- Arrange departmental meetings and take action points to be followed up on
- Ensure all projects and procedures are in line with GGGI corporate policies, standards and protocols
- Collaborate with other units and divisions of GGGI on identified joint activity opportunities to ensure integrated delivery as “One GGGI”
- Assist in seeking opportunities to share lessons learned from the projects in the portfolio with external partners and engaging in policy and knowledge dialogues
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields such as international business, economics and international relations. Professional training in secretarial, administrative and/or operational services is an asset.
- At least five years of relevant work experience in a portfolio assistance function
- Experience providing administrative assistance with an understanding of the structure and functioning of an international organization
- Strong competence in the use of standard software programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in an international setting and ability to work independently and taking initiatives in response to the organization and team’s demand
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is a requirement