SIWI – Stockholm International Water Institute is looking for a driven and talented person who possesses experience in digital outreach and campaigns, including social media, newsletters, web, audio/video and has an aptitude for customer service. You will be joining a dedicated communications team who seeks to ensure that SIWI’s contributions to building a water wise world are communicated with passion, integrity and purpose.
The position is a one-year temporary contract starting in October, and until 30 September 2017. The position is based at the SIWI offices in Stockholm, Sweden.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Strategically develop and drive SIWI’s social media platforms and develop content for posting on all designated social media outlets.
- Design, plan and execute, in collaboration with other communication team members, digital campaigns to promote and create engagement for a water-wise world.
- Upload information to SIWI’s webpages, and develop new functions in cooperation with other departments.
- Write or edit texts – in English and Swedish – primarily for digital channels.
- In collaboration with other team members, develop SIWI’s film material and video hub.
- Manage limited projects with responsibility for procurement, contact with suppliers, budget keeping, involving the right staff and contribute with expert competence.
Basic knowledge and skills:
- Current knowledge of different media and communication vehicles in digital outreach
- Knowledge of and experience with campaigning tools and methods
- Proven ability to create creative, unique, and relevant content for different purposes
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and delivery according to time plans
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications, various social media outlets, Photoshop and WordPress
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in Swedish and English, additional languages is a merit
Education and work experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Experience in communication work with focus on digital outreach and campaigns, preferably in the field of water and environment.
How to apply for the position
Please submit your CV and a one-page personal letter to [email protected] by 24 August 2016. Interviews will be conducted in the first week of September. For more information about the position, contact Victoria Engstrand-Neacsu, Acting Communications Director at +46 8 121 360 37 or Kerstin Harnesk, Manager HR at +46 8 121 36012.
About SIWI and the communications department
SIWI is a policy institute working for a water wise world. SIWI does independent research, generates knowledge and provides expert analysis and advice on water issues to decision-makers and other agents of change. SIWI organizes the World Water Week in Stockholm – the leading annual global meeting place on water and development issues – and hosts the Stockholm Water Prize and the Stockholm Junior Water Prize.
The communications department plays a vital and integrated role at SIWI. The department influences and connects actors for a water-wise world, by producing, packaging and disseminating SIWI knowledge and promoting SIWI activities.