Help Address the World’s Most Significant Issues
Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane or Adelaide
Aither is a thriving advisory business and their purpose is to address globally significant issues by helping governments and businesses make better decisions relating to water, infrastructure, the environment and natural hazards.
Natural systems are increasingly strained and under threat creating challenges in water, infrastructure, cities, agriculture and the environment. The stakes are high and making better decisions can generate enormous benefits and avoid costly and irreversible mistakes.
Aither’s Water Markets Team is recognised nationally and internationally as market leaders in providing independent, high quality, commercial advice on Australia’s water markets. They advise a range of Australian and international water market participants, as well as government authorities, and have experienced significant growth in their work and client base as Australia’s water markets have matured.
Due to that growth in demand for their services they are seeking to increase the breadth and depth of their team and recruit an experienced Principal, Water Markets. Your role within the team will include a mix of:
- Applying your water markets knowledge to deliver high-quality water markets advice, strategic thinking and recommendations that help Aither’s clients make better water decisions.
- Managing a range of water markets advisory engagements with clients (water funds, corporate agribusinesses, banks and other market participants, including governments).
- Maintaining and developing positive, productive and professional relationships with internal and external clients.
- Working in close collaboration with the Water Markets Sector Leader and wider team to support and/or undertake well-targeted business development activities.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Excellent core consulting skills developed in previous consulting roles.
- A deep understanding of Australia’s water markets, combined with an ability to translate that understanding into practical advice for water market participants.
- Strong analytical skills including an ability to communicate quantitative and qualitative data in client relative ways.
- Demonstrable client relationship management skills, including with private sector clients.
- An aptitude for coaching and mentoring staff to build team knowledge and capability.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in a business which values excellence, commitment, and integrity. To thrive in this role you will need intellectual curiosity, a capacity to learn, and a passion to become a pre-eminent water markets advisor. If you possess the right combination of water markets knowledge and consulting skills, and you would like to join Australia’s leading independent water markets advisory team, please forward your cv and cover letter to our retained executive search consultant John Whiting at Excellence In Leadership.
John’s email address is [email protected] or for a confidential discussion he can be reached on 0428 256169
The closing date for applications is 22nd October 2021