SIWI – Stockholm International Water Institute is looking for a driven and talented person who possesses experience in managing publications, writing, editing, and content development, and has an aptitude for customer service. You will be joining a dedicated communications team who seeks to ensure that SIWI’s contributions to building a water wise world are communicated with passion, integrity and purpose.
The position is a part-time (approximately 50%), two-year contract, starting at the earliest possible date. The position is based at the SIWI offices in Stockholm, Sweden.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Determine and apply appropriate levels of editorial treatment to texts such as reports, policy briefs and marketing material.
- Edit and re-write portions of technical documents, and write original content for articles and promotional materials.
- Assist in managing and keeping up-to-date the SIWI Style Guide.
- Write for, and assist in producing the quarterly magazine Stockholm Water Front.
- Assist with preparation, coordination, copyediting, and proofing of large and small proposals.
Basic knowledge and skills:
- Proven excellent writing and editing skills.
- Superior command of the English language including rules and usage.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources to develop content.
- Proven ability to create creative, unique, and relevant content for different purposes.
- Superb interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear and convincing way.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and deliver according to agreed time plans.
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree either in English, Technical Writing, Journalism, or Communication.
- Minimum five years’ experience in writing and editing, preferably in the field of water and environment.
- Experience with a variety of writing styles: technical, creative, and marketing.
- Knowledge of Swedish and/or more languages is meriting.
How to apply for the position
Please submit your CV and a one-page personal letter to [email protected] by 24 August 2016. For more information about the position, contact Victoria Engstrand-Neacsu, Acting Communications Director at +46 8 121 360 37 or Kerstin Harnesk, Manager HR, +46 8 121 360 12.
About SIWI and the communications department
SIWI is a policy institute working for a water wise world. SIWI does independent research, generates knowledge and provides expert analysis and advice on water issues to decision-makers and other agents of change. SIWI organizes the World Water Week in Stockholm – the leading annual global meeting place on water and development issues – and hosts the Stockholm Water Prize and the Stockholm Junior Water Prize.
The communications department plays a vital and integrated role at SIWI. The department influences and connects actors for a water-wise world, by producing, packaging and disseminating SIWI knowledge and promoting SIWI activities.