WASH Engineer Assistant/Technician
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support WASH projects by adapting and applying Field techniques, conducting tests and inspections , preparing reports and calculations.
I - Implementation
- Collects field data for various types of WASH activities using manual or electronic survey devices and test equipments
- Monitor construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards , building codes and specifications
- Measure dimensions and verify level, alignment and elevation of structure and fixtures to ensure compliance to the design , building plans and codes
- Monitor installation of plumbing , wiring , equipment , and appliances to ensure that installation is performed properly and is in compliance with applicable regulations
- Assists the inspection, sampling, and/or testing of the construction materials , structures , fixtures and systems
- Carries, sets, and operates all equipments and survey related tools for assessment, monitoring maintenance and evaluation purposes
- Maintain daily logs and supplement inspection records with photographs and marking the layout drawings
- Performs general maintenance on equipments , including calibration of instruments and inventory counts of all WASH items
- Support engineers to finalize the designs by providing the necessary information from practical and technical perspective
III – Capacity Building
- Work closely with engineers to provide technical expertise (e.g. mentoring monitoring, water quality, assessments) related to the planned infrastructure works carried out at each site
- Support WASH Assistants to utilize simple infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g. checklists).
IV - Information Management/Reporting:
- Report the daily progress of works to supervisor
- Submit regular reports related to the project’s WASH infrastructure to supervisor
V- Other Duties
Security management responsibilities:
- Responsible of the day-to-day security management
- Abide by the security procedures and policies and report any breaches
- Participate in personal safety training as required
- Be aware of emergency procedures in a response,
- Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally, if any
- Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture events and other organizational events
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of the practices and materials used in basic engineering work.
- Knowledge of the practices and materials used in engineering work.
- Knowledge of engineering terminology.
- Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to use and maintain equipment.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to maintain favorable public relations
- 2-3 years experience in an infrastructure project (Fully aware of the technical details in order to get the work done )
- Ability to travel across the country regularly for training, assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
- Full adherence to security protocols
- Experience working collaboratively in a team
- 90% Field work; 10% Office work