CAWST is a Canadian charity and licensed engineering firm. We address the global need for safe drinking water and sanitation by building local knowledge and skills on household solutions people can implement themselves.
At the heart of everything we do is our belief that when people have their basic water and sanitation needs met, they have the opportunity to succeed. This is what drives our dedicated team to work with a global network of more than 1,500 clients and partners. Together, we have reached more than 16 million people since our inception in 2001.
Collectively, we are making a difference at a scale beyond what any of us could do individually. But our job isn’t done yet and we need you to help us expand our reach.
Are you a Spanish and English-speaking instructional designer looking to make a difference in the world? CAWST is looking for a passionate and creative self-starter who will develop compelling and effective training materials in water, sanitation, and hygiene, and help our clients to do the same.
As a Global Learning Advisor, you will work collaboratively with clients, partners, and staff to develop CAWST’s core suite of online, blended, and face-to-face, training materials focused on improving access to safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH).
Specifically, you will:
Design and Develop engaging and effective learning resources
- Analyze learner performance needs
- Work with subject matter experts to design virtual, blended, and face-to-face training on a variety of topics related to water, sanitation, hygiene, behaviour change, and instructional design and delivery
- Use TalentLMS, Articulate Storyline, social media platforms, and other technologies and approaches to develop and deliver engaging learning resources that are accessible to audiences with variable levels of internet connectivity
- Create products that are appropriate for the culture, context, and literacy level of a broad range of adult learners
Build the capacity of staff, partners, and clients in training design and delivery to help them:
- Design and deliver virtual and face-to-face training on WASH
- Adapt or customize content for a specific client context
- Work with local partner organizations to build their skills and capabilities so they can replicate CAWST’s capacity-building services for client organizations
This position is office-based/remote for 2021, with international travel anticipated to resume in 2022.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree in instructional design, education, communications, or related discipline. A second degree in engineering or science is beneficial.
- Experience working in low-income countries, ideally in a development context
- Minimum of three years experience in instructional design and training delivery, with a specific focus on online learning.
- Strong background in adult learning theory
- Proficient in Articulate 360 and other eLearning authoring tools and experience working with learning management software, ideally TalentLMS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple and engaging ways
- Professional and diplomatic; work well independently, within teams, and across teams
- Able to quickly establish credibility with others
- Proficient in MS Office and GSuite tools
- Certified Training and Development Practitioner (CTDP) designation would be an asset
CAWST values equitable opportunities, sustainable solutions, collaborative and inclusive processes. CAWST recognizes and accepts differences in cultural, religious and political processes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.