Request for Expression of Interest
Regional and Country Evaluation Mekong River Ecosystem Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam
Deadline for expressions of interest: September 27, 2021
- The Global Environment Facility (GEF) provides support to address global environmental concerns related to biodiversity, climate change, international waters, land degradation, the ozone layer, and persistent organic pollutants. Since its inception in 1991, the GEF has provided developing countries and countries with economies in transition US $ 20 billion in grants. These grants are implemented on the ground through a network of 18 accredited agencies. The GEF receives its funds through a four-year replenishment.
- The GEF Independent Evaluation Office (GEF IEO) has a central role in ensuring the independent evaluation function within the GEF. The GEF IEO is based in Washington DC. It is administered by the World Bank but is independent of its management as well as the management of the GEF. Its Director reports directly to the GEF Council, the GEF governing body. All contracts with the IEO are World Bank contracts. More information about the GEF IEO can be found at Offices website: www.gefieo.org/.
- The Independent Evaluation Office (IEO) of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) is requesting Expressions of Interest from qualified consulting firms to provide services to conduct a multi-country and regional level evaluation in the Mekong River Ecosystem – Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos.
- After reviewing the GEF portfolio, the following projects across countries in East Asia have been selected :
- Reducing Pollution and Preserving Environmental Flows in the East Asian Seas through the Implementation of Integrated River Basin Management (ID# 9654)
- and/or Enhancing Sustainability of the Transboundary Cambodia-Mekong River Delta Aquifer (ID#10520).
- The GEF IEO invites consulting firms with experience in conducting on the ground stakeholder impact assessments using qualitative approaches coupled with experience in the use of various multimedia platforms to demonstrate evaluation impacts.
- The scope of the requested services is:
i. Familiarization with major GEF documents,
ii. preparation in consultation with GEF IEO staff of a detailed evaluation work plan,
iii. in depth desk review of the GEF projects mentioned above,
iv. conduct of interviews and/or electronic surveys with relevant GEF stakeholders and beneficiaries,
v. analysis and triangulation of the evaluative evidence gathered,
vi. drafting of a final report with the main preliminary findings and conclusions to be discussed in a final consultation workshop (the final report will consist of a traditional narrative evaluation report supported by thorough data analysis, supplemented by audiovisual data gathered through photography and video documentation),
vii. An in-depth multimedia product including a short audiovisual piece produced with animated illustration, to be presented at the GEF Eighth Replenishment meetings in May 2022, and a two-to-three-minute video based on the findings of our fieldwork, in a way that humanizes the issues that GEF cares about, and the work of the IEO in generating knowledge about these issues.
- Interested firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest. They should be submitted, in English, through the World Bank Groups online platform eConsultant2.
- Following this invitation for Expression of Interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit the World Bank’s eConsultant2 website, create an account or log in, click ‘Business Opportunities’ at the top of the page and search for Selection #1276672. The deadline to apply is September 27, 2021, at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington, DC).