Regional Program Manager (Global Resilience Practice, Asia Pacific)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
100 Resilient Cities – Pioneered by The Rockefeller Foundation (100RC) is dedicated to helping cities around the world be better prepared for, and quickly rebound from, 21st century shocks and stresses. Our program works with 100 member cities from around the globe for whom it provides four kinds of value: 1) Financial and other support for putting in place a new city resilience leader, the Chief Resilience Officer; 2) Support for development of a robust city resilience strategy; 3) Management of a peer-to-peer network of member cities who can learn from and help each other; and 4) Connections to solutions, service providers, and other partners who can help cities implement their resilience projects. 100RC seeks to increase awareness of the importance of resilience thinking, to catalyze a new community of urban resilience practitioners, and to spur the growth of a robust ecosystem of resilience-focused solutions and solution providers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
100 Resilient Cities is looking for an Program Manager in the Singapore office. Our Program Manager will provide direct support to the Managing Director, Asia and Pacific (APAC) and support to the Global Resilience Practice Team operations and implementation.
Initial Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
PROGRAM OPERATIONS SUPPORT– 20%
- Provide Programmatic support to the Managing Director including but, not limited to, Salesforce report analysis and updating, managing meetings and travel schedule, preparing briefing notes and written communications;
- Extremely proactive with a high degree of aptitude for complexity in scheduling, organizing and managing meetings, following up on and tracking action items.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SUPPORT – 60%
- Coordinate across 100RC to improve communications and support the APAC Teams efforts to maintain consistent project implementation for cities in LC3;
- As needed, support regional team by supporting core activities such as researching, setting agendas, taking notes and organizing plans for priority work stream development process, platform partner engagements and financing;
- Assist in the preparation of APAC Salesforce and performance management reports/Coordination and tracking of key team tasks and deliverables for governance review.
COMMUNICATIONS & LEARNING – 20%
- Assist Managing Director and team with preparing, creating, and customizing materials as needed for city engagements, general outreach, meetings, presentations, cultural variations, etc.;
- Conduct research on member cities and other important stakeholder and help to build knowledge assets about cities for the organization; work across 100RC to document and share knowledge; and
- Provide translation support within language capacity and fluency.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree with 5 year’s work experience or Masters Degree (preferred).
- Bilingual or multilingual in Japanese, Mandarin, Malay and/or Bahasa Indonesia (high proficiency/native speakers preferred)
- Exceptional project management skills and can skillfully use software to produce outputs including Excel, Powerpoint, etc
- Solid operational skills, including ability to work and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure
- Excellent communications and writing skills and confidence to engage with officials in cities around the world
- Demonstrated interest and field of study related to urban resilience, such as economic development, tourism, public health, social equity, waste or water management, urban planning, city management, etc
- Effectively collaborates with and across teams, seeks and provides constructive feedback
- Must be authorized to work in Singapore.