Job Description- Project Officer – FSM & SLWM, Sanitation
|Work Location||District Karauli , Rajasthan|
|Qualification||Educational background on FSM & SLWM, Sanitation and Graduate/ Post Graduate in Social Work/ Sociology/Social Sciences.|
|Experience||More than 5 year’s working field experience and background of Faecal Sludge Management (FSM) and Liquid, Solid Waste Management (SLWM) and Sanitation in social development sector projects. Excellent writing skills in Hindi and English is a must.|
|Number of Position||1|
Introduction WaterAid India is registered as Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) in the country as a not-for-profit company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India has a goal to “Make WASH poverty a history in the country”. WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India has its focus on the poorer states in the country to better target India’s most vulnerable communities. The Country head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi, facilitating the organisation closer to policy makers. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bangalore and Lucknow, spanning our work in more than 10 states and working with about 50 partner organisations – governmental and non-governmental. Background Water Aid India strategy 2019-2025 aims to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all by demonstrating an integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) solutions – safe and assured piped water supply at a household level, safely managed and inclusive sanitation and hygiene behaviours in Gram Panchayats and small towns in the six core and five strategic states of India and Rajasthan is one of its strategic states. Accordingly, the aspirational district Karauli of Rajasthan was identified to provide ‘Technical support to district for effective implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission and Swachh Bharat Mission 2.0’ with NSEF support. Identification of district Karauli was based on a composite index of key development data sets that included deprivation enumerated under the Socio-Economic Caste Census, key health and education sector performance and state of basic infrastructure. The identified district is backward in such indicators. WAI launched the NSEF supported project in district Karauli of Rajasthan to primarily reach the most marginalised population who are left behind and have nil or poor access to WASH services, and in general the project will impact the district entirely through capacity building and replication of approaches. Providing solutions to district administration and state government on pathways to achieve SDG Goal 6. Scope of Work
- Design guidelines for in-situ rural FSM (Compendium of possible designs); Technical support in developing guidelines for rural FSM in the district; Organize exposure visit of district teams to rural FSM sites;
- Design, develop and demonstrate in-situ models of Rural FSM, Solid waste management System in sample panchayats of district; Pilot sample villages in district with 100 % grey water management systems; Support in assessment of Rural FSM status in sample villages.
- Provide training to district SBM staff on rural FSM; Provide support to capacitate panchayat representatives and VWSC members on technical aspects of Rural FSM and Liquid/Solid waste management;
- Support in assessment of last mile gaps in Sanitation – household survey; assessment of Rural FSM status. Provide Support to develop adequate and appropriate WASH facilities in Schools, Anganwadi and Health care facilities at GPs.
- Work together with Department /Block and GP level officials / staff / volunteers / frontline workers /PRIs /GP level Committee members/SHGs/ Community to achieve goals of Rural FSM, SLWM components of Sanitation in GPs.
- Focus on behavior change communication, Interpersonal communication on Rural FSM, SLWM & Sanitation. Complete other assigned tasks as and when required.