Job Description- Project Officer – Drinking Water Quality & Water Conservation
|Work Location||District Karauli , Rajasthan|
|Qualification||Education -Graduate/ Post Graduate in Social Work/ Sociology/Social Sciences.|
|Experience||More than 5 year’s working experience and background of Drinking water quality and Rain Water Harvesting, Water Conservation in social development sector projects. Good writing skills in English & Hindi.|
|Number of Position||1|
Introduction WaterAid India is registered as Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) in the country as a not-for-profit company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India has a goal to “Make WASH poverty a history in the country”. WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India has its focus on the poorer states in the country to better target India’s most vulnerable communities. The Country head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi, facilitating the organisation closer to policy makers. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bangalore and Lucknow, spanning our work in more than 10 states and working with about 50 partner organisations – governmental and non-governmental. Background Water Aid India strategy 2019-2025 aims to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all by demonstrating an integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) solutions – safe and assured piped water supply at a household level, safely managed and inclusive sanitation and hygiene behaviours in Gram Panchayats and small towns in the six core and five strategic states of India and Rajasthan is one of its strategic states. Accordingly, the aspirational district Karauli of Rajasthan was identified to provide ‘Technical support to district for effective implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission and Swachh Bharat Mission 2.0’ with NSEF support. Identification of district Karauli was based on a composite index of key development data sets that included deprivation enumerated under the Socio-Economic Caste Census, key health and education sector performance and state of basic infrastructure. The identified district is backward in such indicators. WAI launched the NSEF supported project in district Karauli of Rajasthan to primarily reach the most marginalised population who are left behind and have nil or poor access to WASH services, and in general the project will impact the district entirely through capacity building and replication of approaches. Providing solutions to district administration and state government on pathways to achieve SDG Goal 6. Scope of Work
- Strengthening Processes and Tools on Water quality monitoring; Capacitate women and youth collectives, panchayat members, VWSCs on Water Security, Water Quality and use of FTKs. Providing support in organizing Jal Choupal/Community meetings at community level on water issues. Ensure number of water source tested on water quality parameters as per project plan.
- Develop Panchayat level system for regular water quality testing in intervention GPs. Provide Support to panchayats in allocating budget for water security and water quality; Provide support in assessment of water sources and sanitary risks.
- Design, develop and demonstrate Rainwater Harvesting Structures/Models in villages. Demonstrate Water Recharge Measures by Designing, Developing ground water recharge structures in villages.
- Develop cadre of water mechanic to for operation and maintenance of drinking water sources/supply.
- Work together with Department / Block and GP level officials / staff / volunteers / frontline workers /PRIs /VWSC members/SHGs/ Community to achieve goals of Water components of WASH in GPs. Focus on behavior change communication, Interpersonal communication on Water issues.
- Provide Support to develop adequate and appropriate WASH facilities in Schools, Anganwadi and Health care facilities in GPs.
- Complete assigned tasks as and when required.