Job Description- Project Officer – Documentation, MIS & Surveys
|Work Location||District Karauli , Rajasthan|
|Qualification||Education -Graduate/ Post Graduate in Social Work/ Sociology /Social Sciences with more than 5 years of exposure preferably in WASH|
|Experience||More than 5 years’ experience and exposure to development sector particularly in Documentation, MIS, Survey /Assessments and Community engagement. Excellent written, oral communication, typing skills in Hindi & English |
Knowledge of MS-office especially Excel, MS word, power point and Internet.
Documentation and writing of project reports. Excellent writing skills in English & Hindi is a must. Photo and video documentation. Willingness to travel.
|Number of Position||1|
Introduction WaterAid India is registered as Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) in the country as a not-for-profit company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India has a goal to “Make WASH poverty a history in the country”. WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India has its focus on the poorer states in the country to better target India’s most vulnerable communities. The Country head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi, facilitating the organisation closer to policy makers. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bangalore and Lucknow, spanning our work in more than 10 states and working with about 50 partner organisations – governmental and non-governmental. Background Water Aid India strategy 2019-2025 aims to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all by demonstrating an integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) solutions – safe and assured piped water supply at a household level, safely managed and inclusive sanitation and hygiene behaviours in Gram Panchayats and small towns in the six core and five strategic states of India and Rajasthan is one of its strategic states. Accordingly, the aspirational district Karauli of Rajasthan was identified to provide ‘Technical support to district for effective implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission and Swachh Bharat Mission 2.0’ with NSEF support. Identification of district Karauli was based on a composite index of key development data sets that included deprivation enumerated under the Socio-Economic Caste Census, key health and education sector performance and state of basic infrastructure. The identified district is backward in such indicators. WAI launched the NSEF supported project in district Karauli of Rajasthan to primarily reach the most marginalised population who are left behind and have nil or poor access to WASH services, and in general the project will impact the district entirely through capacity building and replication of approaches. Providing solutions to district administration and state government on pathways to achieve SDG Goal 6. Scope of Work
- Complete all MIS, Planning and documentation requirements of the project by following Project Planning & implementation frame work, monitoring and evaluation frame work & documentation processes of the WAI/donor.
- Documentation of Project Planning documents and Reports. Reporting and updating MIS and other data regularly as per provided formats of WAI/Donor.
- Support in commissioning of Assessment/Surveys and writing, including analysis, and developing Survey Reports. Support to synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Hand holding of the Assessment/Survey teams. Support and monitoring the data collection activities during surveys. Suggesting solutions to the gaps in data collection and other activities conducted by the research team.
- Support in undertaking participatory vulnerability assessment of selected GPs. Assessment of water sources and sanitary risks. Assessment of last mile gaps in Sanitation – household survey. WASH Infrastructure assessment in Schools, Anganwadi and Health Facilities. Assessment of Rural FSM status. Assessment of last mile gaps in Sanitation – household survey at district/Block level.
- Develop and streamline additional record keeping and reporting formats to be used for capturing necessary information.
- Preparation and timely submission of the Project documentation to the donor as per the proposed timelines.
- Support team members in community engagement process on Rural FSM, SLWM. Rain Water Harvesting and Water Conservation interventions at Gram Panchayats.
- Undertake any other related task assigned by the organization.