Job Description- Project Officer – Training & Governance, Community Interface
|Work Location||District Karauli, Rajasthan|
|Qualification||Education -Graduate/ Post Graduate in Social Work/ Sociology /Social Sciences|
|Experience||More than 5 year’s experience and exposure to development sector particularly in Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. |
Excellent written and oral communication skills in Hindi & English.
Knowledge of MS-office especially power point and MS word.
Willingness to travel
|Number of Position||1|
Introduction WaterAid India is registered as Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) in the country as a not-for-profit company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India has a goal to “Make WASH poverty a history in the country”. WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India has its focus on the poorer states in the country to better target India’s most vulnerable communities. The Country head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi, facilitating the organisation closer to policy makers. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bangalore and Lucknow, spanning our work in more than 10 states and working with about 50 partner organisations – governmental and non-governmental. Background Water Aid India strategy 2019-2025 aims to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all by demonstrating an integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) solutions – safe and assured piped water supply at a household level, safely managed and inclusive sanitation and hygiene behaviours in Gram Panchayats and small towns in the six core and five strategic states of India and Rajasthan is one of its strategic states. Accordingly, the aspirational district Karauli of Rajasthan was identified to provide ‘Technical support to district for effective implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission and Swachh Bharat Mission 2.0’ with NSEF support. Identification of district Karauli was based on a composite index of key development data sets that included deprivation enumerated under the Socio-Economic Caste Census, key health and education sector performance and state of basic infrastructure. The identified district is backward in such indicators. WAI launched the NSEF supported project in district Karauli of Rajasthan to primarily reach the most marginalised population who are left behind and have nil or poor access to WASH services, and in general the project will impact the district entirely through capacity building and replication of approaches. Providing solutions to district administration and state government on pathways to achieve SDG Goal 6. Scope of Work
- Building community level leadership on water and sanitation at Panchayat level. Orientation of VWSC members. Develop community cadre of water mechanic for O&M of PWS schemes in villages. Organizing Jal Choupals at village / panchayat level on Water issues. Mobilising women to actively participate in gram sabha on drinking water issues; Handholding of PRIs, VWCSs, Community Collectives on WASH issues;
- Strengthening local governance system for drinking water supply and sanitation- Support in integration of budgets for water security and water quality in GPDP;
- Provide handholding and technical support to panchayats in developing SBM plans; Support to organize training of Panchayat Representatives and VWSC members on technical aspects of Rural FSM and Liquid waste management. Capacity building of Implementation Support Agencies (ISAs) on JJM implementation. Training of Village Water and Sanitation Committees (VWSC) on Village Action Plan.
- Provide technical support for implementation of SBM 2.0 at District/block level. Provide Support to develop adequate and appropriate WASH facilities in Schools, Anganwadi and Health care facilities at GPs.
- Priorities at GP level to inform planning for saturation of WASH facilities and services and there after mobilizing community on WASH behavior change.
- Work together with district/Block and GP level officials / staff / volunteers / frontline workers /PRIs /GP level Committee members/SHGs/ Community to achieve goals of Sanitation components of WASH in GPs.
- Focus on WASH behavior change communication, Interpersonal communication and Village/ WARD ODF Sustainability. WASH gaps-identification of spots with liquid waste, dysfunctional hand pumps, dysfunctional toilets, Non IHHL HHs and other WASH concerns and priorities at GP level to inform planning for saturation of WASH facilities and services in GPs. Support Community mobilization at Gram Panchayats.
- Complete other assigned tasks as and when required.