Closing date: Monday 4 October 2021
Salary: £23,500- £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Contract type: Fixed term / Working hours: Full time
Location: Lower Smite Farm, Smite Hill Hindlip , Worcester & Droitwich, Worcestershire, WR3 8SZ
Are you passionate about water and wetlands conservation and nature’s recovery? We are looking for a confident, pro-active individual to join our Conservation Team and help us deliver Worcestershire’s nature recovery network.
You must have
- good ecological skills, especially of wetland and farmland species and habitats
- experience of delivering water and wetland projects
- land management knowledge, especially of water management and wetlands
- good strategic planning skills to respond to water and wetland local and national consultations
- experience of working with landowners, land managers and relevant sector partners
- demonstrate good communication skills for liaising with landowners, local communities and partners and for recruiting and working with volunteers and contractors
- IT skills including experience of GIS are important for use in developing the role and reports
- Knowledge of H&S legislation is required.
Applicants must have a minimum of four years relevant experience demonstrating technical and practical competencies, budget management and communication skills. You will be able to demonstrate a positive attitude to team working and in working effectively to deadlines. A full driving licence is essential.
Worcestershire Wildlife Trust is part of the national network of 46 Wildlife Trusts and plays a key role in conserving and enhancing the wildlife of Worcestershire.
The post is based at Lower Smite Farm, near Worcester, but the post holder will be expected to travel to sites around Worcestershire. Depending on any Government restrictions that may be in place due to Coronavirus this post will initially require a rota attendance in the office for a minimum of three days a week.
Closing date: 9 am Monday 4th October 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 19th October 2021 at Lower Smite Farm
(A second interview may be carried out with the shortlisted candidate, date to be agreed)