Post-doctoral Fellowship at Brazil’s National Institute for Space Research (INPE), to explore how a participatory approach, integrating qualitative and quantitative methods from the natural and social sciences, can support the transition to sustainable futures in the Cerrado and Caatinga biomes (Brazilian savanna and Northeastern shrubland, respectively), through the definition of scenarios and indicators at multiple scales, from regional to local. See more at Nexus project website: http://nexus.ccst.inpe.br.
The planned activities include the necessary methodological development so that narratives derived from participatory scenarios at multiple scales are translated into computational models (in particular systems dynamics models and spatially explicit dynamic models of land use change)
– Doctorate in Environmental Sciences, Geosciences or interdisciplinary;
– Fluency in English and knowledge in Portuguese;
– Publication of scientific articles;
– Experience in spatially explicit modeling and/or system dynamics modeling.
– Experience in building quantitative scenarios from narratives;
– Experience with the construction and analysis of indicators related to the water-energy-food nexus and the UN SDGs.
Send by October 03, 2021 an email to [email protected], in PDF format, with the following documents:
1. Cover letter of scientific qualifications and interests;
2. Summary CV;
3. Indication of 2 names for personal references.
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a Post-Doctoral fellowship from the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) in the amount of R$ 7,373.10 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 10% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
More information about the fellowship is at: fapesp.br/oportunidades/4532.
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows:
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence:
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies: