Urban Sustainability Internship Programme (LOTS of water-related positions, paid)
About the internship
The twelve-month internship provides an exciting opportunity for you to develop skills in key operational areas in the City of Cape Town and gain practical experience in your field.
As an intern you will be mentored by a manager within the relevant City department, and will have the opportunity to attend compulsory training workshops and interventions when necessary.
We offer a minimum stipend of R39.75 per hour, based on a 40-hour (5-day) week, as well as limited employment fringe benefits such as paid annual leave, sick leave and training.
The internship contract runs from 1 February 2019 – 31 January 2020. If you are offered the position, you will be required to commence work on Friday, 1 February 2019.
The following posts are available:
- Environmental Partnerships Assistant
- Environmental Compliance Assistant
- Climate Change Policy Assistant
- Natural Open Space System Assistant
- Coastal Management Assistant
- Environmental and Heritage Management Assistant
- Heritage Management Assistant
- People and Conservation Intern
- Environmental and Heritage Resources Information Centre Assistant
- Environmental Communication Assistant
- Land Use Management Planning Assistant (9 posts)
- Urban Designer/ Architect/ Landscape Architect Assistant (2 posts)
- Urban Spatial Planning Assistant (2 posts)
- Research Assistant
- Growth Management Spatial Planning Assistant
- Project Management Assistant (2 posts)
- Project and Contract Management Assistant
- Economic Development Forward Planning Assistant
- Economic Research Assistant (2 posts)
- Research and Analysis Assistant
- Organisational Research Assistant
- Policy Analysis Assistant (2 posts)
- Information and Knowledge Management (IKM) Assistant (2 posts)
- Regulatory Specialist Assistant
- Business Development Analyst Assistant
- Training and Development Assistant
- Climate Mitigation Assistant
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Facilitation Assistant
- Low Income Energy Services Assistant (2 posts)
- Tender and Contract Management and Administration Assistant
Applicants are required to be recent graduates of a tertiary institution, with a recognised degree or national diploma. Specific qualifications are noted in the individual advertised posts.
You are also required to have the following:
- a valid driver’s licence for selected posts
- good planning, administration, writing, analytical and oral communication skills
- literacy in computers, especially the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- the ability to work independently, within a team and under pressure
Preference will be given to graduates from universities, technical universities and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges in the Western Cape. Candidates must not be enrolled for further studies coinciding with the internship period.
- A cover letter (maximum one page), including the post reference number (e.g. CCTUSIP 05)
- A brief CV (maximum two pages) containing the contact details of two referees
- A certified copy of your Identity Document (ID)
- A certified copy of your academic transcript
Deadline for submissions: Monday, 15 October 2018 at 16:00.
- Application documents should not exceed 4 MB.
- A separate email must be sent for each post you apply for.
- Applications received will not be acknowledged in writing.
- We will request additional supporting documents from shortlisted candidates only.
- NB: If you have relatives or friends currently employed by the City of Cape Town, state their names and the departments they work for in your email. Similarly, if you are a City of Cape Town bursar, please include this information in your cover letter.
Urban Sustainability Internship Programme
Contact us if you have general enquiries about the internship programme or advertised posts.