It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes, a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for two (2) Project Officers for Adjumani and Buyende to play a vital role in our vision to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- provide technical assistance and support towards successful implementation of the project with a major focus on operational activities which includes planning, implementation, collaboration, coordination, documentation, monitoring and evaluation while working closely with the consortium partners.
- Manage project information and consortium relationships while ensuring effective communication of the WAU led project results to the SHARE Project Manager, ensure risk management, project financial management and accountability aligned to the WAU values.
- Ensure periodic reports are compiled and written, shall apply the WaterAid data collection and storage tools/systems involving the use of mWater and Project Centre.
To be Successful, you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, or any Health Sciences or equivalent experience
- Extensive work experience in project planning, monitoring and evaluation with an NGO or government
- Experience and knowledge on institutional WASH sector/ issues
- Skills in project management, including managing resources, and financial and budget planning.
- Work accurately and efficiently to deadlines and targets as agreed with the Project Manager
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, find the full Job Description and the application form by clicking on “Apply”
Fill in the job application form and send with a cover letter to [email protected] stating Project Officer in the subject line by 1st October 2021
Note: In the subject line, please include the preferred place of work either Adjumani or Buyende
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behavior, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity, disability and gender confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
No recruitment agencies please.