Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 4 months
Location: Erbil/Bagdad - Iraq
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Expatriate contract under Swiss labour code 2’950 CHF (~2’550 €) < > 4'300 CHF (~3’700 €) net /month according to experience x 13, Holidays: 25 days per year. Local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
End of June 2016, Tdh launched an integrated emergency WaSH, Child Protection, CCCM and NFI response, following several waves of IDPs resulting from military operations to free Shirgat district, as well as the South Mossul Corridor. Tdh is currently operating in Tikrit, Baiji, Tooz and Shirqat districts. Tdh is also operating in Kirkuk governorate via Cash grant and Child protection assistance.
S/he will be based in Erbil/Bagdad with regular field project visit in Shergat, Kirkouk, Tal Afar and Anah.
S/he is responsible for supervising and training her/his field teams.
S/he ensures decisions and actions are taken in her/his area of intervention and deals with them independently on a daily basis in consultation with the sector coordinator and the Country Representative.
S/he ensures that the outcomes of the project(s) s/he is in charge of are achieved.
S/he acts as the link / the synergy between the project for which s/he is authorized and the other projects developed within the delegation.
S/he builds up the expertise in her/his field of intervention.
S/he collaborates and coordinates with the thematic advisors at headquarters to develop and validate the thematic strategy in line with the Tdh strategic commitments, and conduct advocacy and strategic capitalization actions.
S/he collaborates with other Tdh sectors.
Re-design the approach to hygiene promotion to utilize a Behavior Change Communication (BCC) approach
- Develop tools and processes to identify triggers and barrier to behavior change for School, Health center and community project according to the DoE, DoW, Cluster and TWG HP Standard
- Develop key messages and selection of communication channels to promote behavior change.
- Develop implementation guidelines and supporting resources for BCC approach
- Redevelop training package and roles/responsibilities for community level volunteers
- Contribute to the definition of the mission’s WASH strategy in cooperation with the WASH Project Manager
- Assist in developing innovative modes of establishing new infrastructure by developing E-Library and “serious games”
- Manage existing partnerships and potentially develop new partnerships with private sector and/or voluntary organizations
Support national staff to institutionalize project implementation and monitoring
- Support the WASH PM Software in the implementation of the BCC Approach
- Develop monitoring framework for behavior change communication, including indicators of change, monitoring formats/databases, analysis processes. Train staff on use of monitoring framework
Contribute to the mission’s capitalization and to sectoral approaches
- Prepare reports as relevant
- Participate in sectoral coordination including Ministry and Cluster levels
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of capitalization/technical research topics
- Master in anthropology, behaviour change or communication with an experience in water sanitation or social marketing on the field with an NGO especially in Iraq.
- Partnership sensitive and capacity building approach.
- Project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in development programmes.
- 2 years previous work experience in a relevant position.
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required.
- Good skills in written and spoken English.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms.
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure, and in emergency situations in particular.
- Ability to analyze (judgment, practicality) and to synthesize.
- Organization, discipline, and compliance with deadlines.
- Outstanding ability to listen and negotiate.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
- Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children
- Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please postulate on our website:
We will only consider complete online applications corresponding to the required profile.
Your application must include a complete CV and a covering letter. Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terre des hommes provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for child security and protection.
What is Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387235