Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech
Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A1 ($70,729.75 – $94,637.91)
Work type:Full Time – Fixed Term
Location: St Lucia
Australian Centre for Water and Environmental Biotechnology
The Australian Centre for Water and Environmental Biotechnology (ACWEB) is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in innovative water technology and management. The Centre has an outstanding worldwide reputation in urban water management and related fields, and an award winning multidisciplinary team delivers practical technological solutions underpinned by fundamental scientific discoveries.
About This Opportunity
The Australian Centre for Water and Environmental Biotechnology and the Transforming Biosolids ITTC is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to coordinate ITTC project research, training and communication at UQ.
This involves projects within Theme 1 Improving Technologies, and Theme 2 Enhanced Product Applications, specifically, 1A, 1B, 2B, and 2C https://www.transformingbiosolids.org.au/research/.
General duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop project financial and technical delivery plans as lead organisation and in collaboration with lead organisations.
- Implement models in a number of levels, including spreadsheets, and generalised or specialised software such as Matlab and Aspen.
- Develop analytical and experimental methods and execute research to address project goals.
- Present findings at internal ACWEB and industry seminars, conferences and industry workshops as required.
- Develop technology translation plans in collaboration with academic and industrial partners.
This position is located at our picturesque St Lucia campus, renowned as one of Australia’s most attractive university campuses, and located just 7km from Brisbane’s city centre. Bounded by the Brisbane River on three sides, and with outstanding public transport connections, our 114-hectare site provides a perfect work environment – you can enjoy the best of both worlds: a vibrant campus with the tradition of an established university.
Our Ideal Candidate
Alongside a PhD degree in chemical/environmental engineering (or related), the successful candidate will additionally demonstrate:
- Experience in large research programme coordination management and delivery.
- A background in operating, assessing, or designing full-scale or demonstration scale wastewater treatment systems.
- Experience in research translation to industry in the field of wastewater engineering or industrial biotechnology.
- The ideal candidate will also have a strong desire to develop a successful and highly productive research career, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a strong methodological background, the ability and the capacity and desire to work within multidisciplinary research team with strong industry partnerships.
In addition to the above, to be appointable at a Level B, you will demonstrate:
- A developing reputation and track record of publications in reputed refereed international journals.
- Ability to mentor junior researchers (postdoctoral and PhD).
- A growing record of supervision of Honours and Research Higher Degree students to successful completion.
For a full list of duties and selection criteria, please see the attached Position Description.
You must have unrestricted work rights in Australia for the duration of this appointment to apply. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the University. Our Diversity and Inclusion webpage contains further information if you require additional support. Accessibility requirements and/or adjustments can be directed to [email protected].
What We Can Offer
This is a full-time, fixed term position for up 2 years at Research Academic Level A or B.
The full-time equivalent base salary at Level A will be in the range $85,300 – $94,637, plus super of up to 17% (the total FTE package will be in the range $99,801 – $110,726).
The full-time equivalent base salary at Level B will be in the range $99,542 – $118,206, plus super of up to 17% (the total FTE package will be in the range $116,465 – $138,301).
You will be able to take advantage of UQ Sport Facilities, recreation leave loading, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare, discounted private health insurance, cheap parking, development programs and many other benefits.
For further information, please review The University of Queensland’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018-2021.
To discuss this role please contact Professor Damien Batstone [email protected]
For application queries, please contact [email protected] stating the job number in the subject line.
Want to Apply?
To submit an application for this role, use the apply button. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Responses to the Selection Criteria
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQ Careers portal by the job closing deadline. Applications received via other channels including direct email will not be accepted.
Advertised: 14 Sep 2021
Applications close: 28 Sep 2021 (11:00 PM) E. Australia Standard Time