Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment: January 8, 2019
The Department of Atmospheric and Hydrologic Sciences within the School of Computing, Engineering & Environment, College of Science and Engineering at St. Cloud State University has an opening for a full-time, fixed-term assistant/associate professor for Spring semester 2019. Department facilities include a hydrology fluids laboratory, a dedicated hydrology computer laboratory, and the new Integrated Science and Engineering Laboratory Facility (ISELF), a venue for innovation and collaboration focused on student success. More information about the College and the Department can be found at http://www.stcloudstate.edu/cose/ and http://www.stcloudstate.edu/ahs/ respectively.
Teach introductory and upper division courses in an undergraduate environmental engineering/hydrology program, including introduction to physical hydrology, surface hydrology, and surface water modeling. Successful candidates will be expected to engage in an environment of innovation and collaboration that is focused on student success.
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:http://www.minnstate.edu/system/working/docs/contracts/2015-2017_IFO_Contract.pdf
Qualifications and experience:
- M.S. in civil or environmental engineering, or related area with emphasis on surface hydrology completed by time of appointment.
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate education.
- Evidence of the ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ph.D. in civil or environmental engineering, or related area with emphasis on surface hydrology completed by time of appointment.
- University-level teaching experience.
- Active interest in field work related to surface hydrology, laboratory fluid mechanics and/or surface hydrologic modeling.
- Professional experience and/or an appropriate professional license.
The ideal candidate will share St. Cloud State's commitment to our mission and values, especially our commitment to educating our racially and socio-economically diverse student population. Applicants will be expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become outstanding teachers through the use of research based, best practices pedagogy. They should be willing to participate in teaching using alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth offered within the College and at SCSU.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins October 28, 2018; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Dr. Tony Hansen, Search Committee Chair
Department of Atmospheric and Hydrologic Sciences
Phone: (320) 308-2009