BACKGROUND / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Ethiopia has a rapidly growing population and has committed to achieving ambitious socio‑economic goals that would see the country attain middle-income status by 2025. These socio‑economic goals are being pursued while Ethiopia is experiencing the current effects of climate change. Specifically, declines in rainfall during Belg are reducing the extent and productivity of agricultural land while increased frequency of droughts is resulting in reduced food security following poor rainy seasons. Furthermore, inappropriate land management practices have resulted in severe and widespread soil erosion.
. . .
OBJECTIVE OF CONSULTANCY
The main objective of this consultancy work is to develop a full size project document for the GEF/LDCF financed project on the Climate Change Adaptation in the Lowland Ecosystems of Ethiopia including logical framework and financing plan.
QUALIFICATIONS of the Successful Individual Contractor (IC)
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in environmental management, environmental finance, agricultural economics, natural resources management or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience (after MSC) in conducting similar assignment, experience in developing a Full Size Project Document for the GEF Financed Project on Climate Change Adaptation in the Lowland Ecosystems is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of English language, including the ability to set out a coherent argument in presentations and group interactions; and
- Capacity to communicate fluently with different stakeholders (civil society, government authorities, local communities, project staff).
- Proven real experience, in producing similar assignment in other developing countries;
- Proven Experience in Project Preparatory Grant (PPG) Project Document for the GEF;
- Policy and institutional knowledge in Climate Change Adaptation in the Lowland Ecosystems;
- Good knowledge of the national planning context (culture, politics, line ministries) is essential;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of Amharic is an asset;
- Experience in international best practices in Integrated Landscape Management to Enhance Food Security and Ecosystem Resilience Project;
- Solid analytical and conceptual skills, ability to do quick but robust Integrated Landscape Management to Enhance Food Security and Ecosystem Resilience Project;
- Willing to do field visits to source data as necessary; and
- Full command of Microsoft applications (word, excel, PowerPoint) and common internet applications will be required.
The Consultant is required to have the abovementioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
- Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto.
- Group of Individuals and/or Firms are not eligible for this consultancy assignment (open only for individual consultant).
The following proposals must be prepared as per the IC Proposal Submission Instructions. The Proposals shall be submitted before application deadline September 1, 2016 via UNDP Ethiopia Secured mail address: [email protected]
- Technical Proposal in pdf under file name: ETH-IC-2016-064 – TP – [insert your name]
- Financial Proposal in pdf under file name: ETH-IC-2016-064 – FP – [insert your name]
Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size
- Failing to submit anyone of the documents stated above will automatically disqualify the candidate from further technical evaluation;
- Those prospect consultants who fail to submit both Technical and Financial proposals as per the IC Proposal Submission Form and to the designated secured email will not be further considered for evaluation.
EMAIL SUBJECT LINE WHILE SUBMITTING PROPOSAL (Compulsory):
- While submitting your proposals to [email protected] be sure your email subject line is ETH-IC-2016-064 in order to let our Office easily locate your respective proposals from secured email and be considered in subsequent evaluations.