Team Leader (m/f/d) - Economic Resilience Initiative Infrastructure Technical Assistance
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EIB Tender: "Economic Resilience Initiative Infrastructure Technical Assistance".
The overall objective is to contribute to the improvement of the infrastructure sectors in the Economic Resilience Initiative (ERI) Partner Countries of the Southern Neighbourhood and Western Balkans.
The purpose is to support the identification, preparation and/or implementation of Investment Projects in the environment (predominantly water and sanitation), energy, transport, social infrastructure and digital economy sectors , expected to be part-financed by European Investment Bank (EIB) through loans or a combination of grants and loans (Blending). Other sectors may be included as well.
Qualification and skills
- Academic background in engineering, specialised in infrastructure development;
- A University degree in management would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in oral and written in English and French languages.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 15 years of general working experience;
- Minimum 10 years managerial experience as team leader or equivalent, in particular in coordinating multi-disciplinary and/or multicultural teams of senior professionals, ideally with international organisations.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience with both feasibility studies and detailed designs for infrastructure projects, in one or more of the five ERI infrastructure sectors (Environment, Energy, Transport, Social Infrastructure and Digital Economy);
- 5 years proven experience in working with national administrations of countries in the Southern Neighbourhood region and/or Western Balkans will be regarded as advantageous. Senior management experience in working in one or more ERI countries will be regarded as advantageous;
- Proven experience in working with one or more IFIs on similar assignments is highly desirable.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EU format in english.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.