All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The Shelter and WASH Officer is responsible for assisting in the day to day implementation of the Shelter WASH program in South Lebanon, through carrying out quality technical assessments and technical follow-up, coordination with other NRC’s programmes, conducting eligibility and vulnerability assessments, managing the team, and submitting reports.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated Shelter and WASH project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities.
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Mobilize communities and community leaders for project modalities, including community and infrastructure projects, building and construction activities, maintenance of structures
- Ensure that NRC activities are implemented within NRC’s protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper follow up
- Ensure that all protection-related cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the Protection Coordinator.
- Participate in all Shelter & WASH activities related to COVID-19 emergency response.
- Administer payment requests for owners, contractors, partners, suppliers, construction workers, etc.
- Lead inclusive shelter WASH assessments of cash for rent, minor and major housing rehabilitation and upgrades, school rehabilitation, infrastructure activities, CSPs, etc. in line with NRC criteria, in order to support assessments and all related activities
- Work with the Shelter & WASH Coordinator on the implementation of projects including property selection, meetings with partners, refugees and host communities and authorities, conducting assessments, monitoring, distributions, etc.
- Produce accurate drawings, reports, measurements (BoQs) and/or photographs in support of technical assessments.
- Supervise the contractor’s works.
- Support, manage and provide capacity building for Shelter & WASH Assistants with daily tasks and activities.
- Explain the NRC assessment and selection process to those who do not meet project criteria
- Ensure the appropriate documentation is in order for contracts and subsequent payments
- Act as focal point for the community support Project.
- Organize and lead on conducting technical surveys, questionnaires or assessments as required.
- Ensure and promote efficient and cost-effective use of NRC’s assets and resources in order to maximize benefit to beneficiaries.
- Participate in the design of tools to be used by the Shelter and WASH team.
- Assist in other related Shelter and WASH related duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Report all protection related concerns following internal and external referral pathways
- Report code of conduct breaches especially those that affect vulnerable populations.
- Beneficiaries and households in need of assistance
- Shelter Social team and Hygiene team
- Local Authorities
- Professional competencies
- Bachelor degree in Civil engineering , Architecture engineering or any related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience working within Projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working with water and sanitation projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Proficiency in MS Office (words and excel)
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of the context of Refugees informal settlements and/or urban settlements
- Experience with start-up of projects
- Behavioral competencies
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Managing performance and development