World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs.
World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
About the Project
The Tongogara Refugee Camp Action for Covid-19 Emergency Response and Preparedness (TRACE) program will reach a total of 77,000 people in Chipinge District over 6 months with a focus on People of Concern at Tongogara Refugee Camp and its host communities. A multi-sectoral and integrated approach to Covid-19, TRACE will support upgrades to existing water systems, water points, and hand washing stations as a core component of Infection Prevention Control. The program will address key gaps in health-service provision, equipping both Isolation Centre and District Hospital with key treatment equipment and PPE. A gender-sensitive and child-protective environment will be fostered by the project, reinforced by Social Behavior Change Communications strategies to enhance protection of women and girls. The program provides a safety net for the most vulnerable through livelihoods support designed to further crop and small livestock production in the refugee Camp.
Please be advised that the position is contingent upon contract award and client approval.
Position Title: Health & WASH Officer
Location: Chipinge (Tongogara Refugee Camp)
Duration: 6 months
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To support and work closely with the Ministry of Health and Child Care in facilitating and implementing Health and WASH interventions under the COVID-19 response project interventions on treatment, prevention and control.
Program Implementation, Management and Evaluation
- Formulate, plan, supervise and implement Health and WASH COVID-19 treatment, prevention and control projects activities.
- Ensure timeous procurement and delivery of materials to project areas / sites and distribution to beneficiaries.
- Facilitate contract arrangements and monitor the services of contractors engaged in Health and WASH activities.
- Facilitate capacity building of community health workers and stakeholders
- Facilitate the identification and response to community needs, barriers and enablers to uptake of recommended behaviours.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of rigorous social and behaviour change communication strategies to improve uptake of COVID-19 prevention and treatment measures.
- Monitor the progress of project implementation to ensure that activities are timely and meet project objectives, MOHCC and World Vision Technical Standards.
- Assist in the review and evaluation of Health and WASH project activities
Representation and Networking.
- Liaise with and or seek technical support from the Health and WASH Technical Advisors.
- To explain the mission, goals objectives and policies of World Vision International to the community and stakeholders.
- Liaise with Government, local authorities, local communities and other agencies on the Health and WASH project activities.
- Represent World Vision in Health and WASH Coordination mechanisms/meetings
- Develop and maintain links /relationship with other NGOs, local governmental departments, agencies, churches and other players involved in project implementationand or responding to COVID-19.
- Ensure that the Health and WASH activities are integrated with Livelihoods, Disability, Gender and other cross-cutting issues.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely reports that meet reporting requirements.
- Present regular progress reports at appropriate meetings.
- Document and share lessons learnt and best practices.
Human Resource/Team Management
- Encourage teamwork, support and superviseNurses and PHHE Facilitators.
- Participate in staff recruitment, capacity building and performance review.
- University degree in Health Promotion, Environmental Health, Public Health
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in donor funded project implementation and management within an NGO working on emergency Health and WASH Projects.
- Experience in Community Based Management of Health and WASH projects
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.Working knowledge of the local languages.
- In depth knowledge of water borne diseases and water quality management.
- In-depth knowledge of Health and WASH Sector Policies and cross cutting themes
- Good leadership and interpersonal skill.
- Knowledge of MS Office, spreadsheets.
- Clean class 4 Driver’s licence.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.