Dewberry is currently seeking an Entry Level Water Resources Engineer in our Atlanta, GA office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers tremendous potential for professional growth in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve hydrology, hydraulics, stormwater master plans, mitigation planning, surface water assessment, stormwater quality, and asset management in order to assist federal, state and local clients in Texas and the southeast.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Candidates will work with experienced staff to create and analyze hydrologic and hydraulic models and other surface water resource issues. Candidates will also conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, modeling and floodplain delineations using GIS-based engineering and mapping tools. The position offers great potential for professional growth in a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to environmental and water resource projects.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- B.S. Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering (or related engineering field), with emphasis in water resources.
- 0-2 years water resources-related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydrology, open channel hydraulics, and water/wastewater systems.
- Knowledge/experience with ESRI Arc GIS, especially ArcGIS 10, as well as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, FLO 2D, and SWMM.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic MS Office software
- E.I.T. certification a plus.
- Team player