Deputy Team Leader for Western Balkans (m/f/d) - Economic Resilience Initiative Infrastructure Technical Assistance
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EIB Tender: "Economic Resilience Initiative Infrastructure Technical Assistance".
The overall objective is to contribute to the improvement of the infrastructure sectors in the Economic Resilience Initiative (ERI) Partner Countries of the Southern Neighbourhood and Western Balkans.
The purpose is to support the identification, preparation and/or implementation of Investment Projects in the environment (predominantly water and sanitation), energy, transport, social infrastructure and digital economy sectors , expected to be part-financed by European Investment Bank (EIB) through loans or a combination of grants and loans (Blending). Other sectors may be included as well.
The Deputy Team Leader (m/f/d) will support the Team Leader in managing the sub-assignments specifically in the Western Balkans. S/He should be involved in all the prefeasibility and feasibility studies, and be responsible for all the economic and financial analysis of the selected sub-assignmetns, as well as for the financial affordability analysis of the Beneficiary institutions and the elaboration of the budgetary and financing plans for the selected sub-assignments in her/his region.
Qualification and skills
- Academic background as an engineer, economist, and/or financial analyst;
- A degree in management would be an advantage;
- Working knowledge of a national language of the region will be considered an asset.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years of general working experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience, in particular as co-ordinator of multidisciplinary and/or multicultural teams of senior professionals.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in economic and financial analysis of infrastructure investment projects;
- 5 years proven experience in working with national administrations of countries in the Western Balkans would be an advantage;
- Specific working experience in one or more of the five Economic Resilience Initiative (ERI) infrastructure sectors (Environment, Energy, Transport, Social Infrastructure and Digital Economy); complementarities of experience with the team leader would be highly desirable;
- Having provided financial affordability analysis of beneficiary institutions in relation with at least two investment projects financed by at least one IFI.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EU format in english.