Cardno currently has an opportunity for a dynamic Graduate Water Engineer to join our National Water & Environment team, based in our global headquarters in Brisbane. We are committed to mentoring and training future leaders in our industry and this role will be part of our 2-year Asia Pacific Graduate Development Program, which will start in January 2022 (or sooner).
Cardno is looking to recruit two passionate Graduate Water Engineers to join our Brisbane team in January 2022.
Cardno’s Water & Environment team is a national, multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists who specialise across hydrology and drainage, aquatic and terrestrial ecology, contaminated land, environmental planning, ports and maritime, coastal management, bushfire and sustainability. Working within the Water team you will cover a broad range of interesting projects which range from hydrological assessments, flood studies, stormwater management, civil design of water infrastructure, mine water management, water resource planning and development approvals.
Located in Fortitude Valley in our global headquarters, you will be part of a dynamic office that values their people. Our Fortitude Valley office is conveniently located within a few minutes’ walk to the train station and secure parking. We are surrounded by cafes and restaurants in the bustling King Street precinct and our modern office is state of the art with natural lighting and greenery throughout.
Ideally we are seeking graduates that are due to complete their studies by the end of 2021 and can be available for full time, permanent work in January 2022 (or sooner). As a graduate, you will learn all facets of engineering techniques, gain skills in relevant software programs and join our established Asia Pacific Graduate Development Program.
This position offers the opportunity for you to –
- Participate in the delivery of projects and ensure work output is of a technically high standard
- Complete design calculations and records within time and budget restraints
- Develop practical and commercial solutions to problems
- Undertake work related training and self-development for career advancement
- Collaborate with project staff and work within a team of technical specialists in their field
- Undertake computer modelling of drainage networks, river systems or water balances for mining companies
- Assist with the coordination, preparation and submission of proposals
- Training on software such as; GoldSIM, OPSIM, CatchmentSIM, RORB, URBS, Rafts, Tuflow, AutoCAD and GIS.
To be successful you will display –
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering (Water specialisation preferred) with completion by 2021
- A keen interest in water resources engineering
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (MS Word & MS Excel)
- Strong report writing skills
- Previous experience with relevant computing packages including hydrology and hydraulic modelling (will be highly regarded)
- The ability to work within a team environment through well-developed interpersonal skills
- A positive and proactive attitude
- The ability to get involved and learn from others, whilst also contributing to a vibrant team
How to Apply
Your application should include a Cover Letter and CV attached as one document outlining your interest in Cardno and Water Engineering. Applications close on Friday 8th October 2021.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance-based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.