Job Title: Consultant – Advisory Business – Water
Grade: 3/ 4
Arup is a UK-headquartered independent firm of consultants offering a broad range of professional services in the built environment, across all infrastructure segments. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world. The Arup India team comprises of nearly 100 employees primarily based out of Mumbai and Hyderabad with satellite offices in Delhi, Bangalore and Pune. Our deep commitment to sustainability shapes our innovative solutions.
The Advisory team in India is looking for a Consultant with 5-7 years of experience to play a key role in our growing Water Consulting business. As a Water consultant you will be supported by our global pool of Senior Water Engineers and Specialists to deliver water infrastructure projects in India.
You will work across the full spectrum of project phases in the water/ wastewater sector. You will help our clients plan what they should be doing and how they should be evolving, through to designing and delivering water infrastructure in India and South Asia region. You will assist the team in
- Delivering designs for water projects
- Providing strategic advice
- Developing economic and business cases
- Providing inputs on technical engineering design through the project lifecycle.
You will be supporting our global water consulting team, interfacing both internally and externally with our clients and collaborators. Your role will include commercial management of assignments and targeted business development to establish relationships with existing and future clients.
Responsibilities and Competencies
- Experience in strategic planning, design and delivery of water infrastructure projects
- You will be required to work with minimal supervision in your area of responsibility, and you may be accountable for defined parts of projects
- You will recognize best practices and actively promotes their wider use throughout the team or group.
- You will be responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own work and other team members
- You may be responsible for the development of others through providing guidance, training and feedback;
- Your work will encompass authoring bespoke reports and other documentation;
- You will represent your team or group at external meetings and you may be involved in developing events, activities and internal projects of some complexity.
- You will not have any direct reports, but you will be responsible for coordinating and integrating your work with that of others including budgets and responsibilities for complex deliverables with your peers.
- You will manage time effectively and delegates tasks as necessary.
- You will need to communicate openly through asking questions and actively listening to ensure comprehension.
- You are able to articulate clearly, providing clear explanations of ideas and job procedures to others.
The position requires the following types of key relationships:
- Be an enthusiastic member of the India Water Team.
- Connect with and support team members.
- Develop relationships across other Arup teams and businesses across the globe including Australasia and UK.
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with Post-graduate Degree in Hydrology/ Water Management/ Environmental Engineering/ Process Engineering/ Economics, or similar, with a strong water sector focus.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in water industry or consulting.
- Excellent understanding of the water sector in India
- Working knowledge of relevant water legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines
- Excellent verbal, written and presentational communication skills in English. Multiple languages also considered highly desirable.
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership;
- Ability to work well with people at all levels.
- A high level of commercial acumen.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include Provident Fund contribution, NPS option, Mediclaim cover (incl. family), Term Life and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Prog. scheme for the family to safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Shape your time
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g., as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to
Equality and diversity
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.