Background / General description:
|IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.|
Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring, and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help identify new projects and assist Investment Officers in executing deals, advising private companies on restructuring and using new financial instruments (e.g. risk management tools). The Infrastructure & Natural Resources Power Sector team is looking for an Investment Analyst to support its business needs throughout across the globe.
Strong modeling and writing skills are essential. The position provides an opportunity to obtain company, project and sector experience in a specialized, growing and high impact area. Equally important, the Analyst will have significant responsibilities managing knowledge dissemination in the Power Sector across regional and project teams, including management of sector benchmarks, research of industry trends and organization of workshops and events to share market developments and IFC lessons of experience in the sector. Travel will be required for transaction and non-transaction related work.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
|Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:|
• Create financial models;
• Analyze historical and projected financial statements;
• Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
• Work closely with sector engineers on benchmarking of technical performance of IFC power generation projects;
• Work closely with management on evolving strategy for investment in the sector, drafting power point presentations and evaluating portfolio performance to improve profitability and impact for IFC in the sector;
• Organize workshops and conferences for business development and disseminate lessons learned internally;
• Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients;
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
• Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
• Participate in investments negotiations;
• Participate in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.
|• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance;|
• Experience in a financial institution (2+ years) with a proven track record;
• Experience in infrastructure-related projects will be a plus;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
• Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Fluent in English; other languages a plus.
As a representative of the World Bank Group, all professional activities are expected to be consistent with our Core Values: personal honesty, integrity, commitment, working together in teams with openness and trust; empowering others and respecting differences; encouraging risk-taking and responsibility; enjoying our work and our families.
Applications should be sent in English. All applications must be submitted through this website. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Cover letter should clearly describe the relevant results the candidate has delivered in prior positions, rather than simply listing responsibilities. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The contract for this position has an initial duration of 2 years (renewable), with a one-year probation period and subject to be renewed. This is an international hire. The appointee will be stationed in Washington, DC.