Atkins is one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
As Wastewater Modeller, you will be working on diverse range of sewerage related projects that deliver sustainable benefits to communities and the environment through a range of public and private sector clients.
- Perform a role bringing together hydraulic modelling (1D-2D) and engineering aspects of the project. You will have to understand the engineering constraints and opportunities associated with modelling solutions to drainage problems to ensure model outputs are realistic.
- Undertake technical work including hydraulic modelling like model build (1D-2D), model verification, evaluation, feasibility, optioneering and outline design of solutions.
- Understand the client requirements and deliver the work in smarter way by developing some automation tools along with high quality.
- Demonstrate high standards deliverables by adopting various self-check methods and documentations.
- Assist with project management and take a proactive approach to managing client relationships, clarifying expectations and outcome measures in order to meet their requirements and deliver successful projects.
- Support wider business lines and develop and strengthen internal team.
- Has a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Water Resources or Environmental engineering or Geology or Geography.
- InfoWorks ICM experience is a must.
- A Hydraulic modeller or designer with experience of 2 to 4 years in the water and wastewater consultancy industry.
- Preferable experience in Urban Drainage Modelling or Sewer/ Storm network modelling/ Design or Flood modelling.
- Hydraulic modelling includes model build (1D-2D), model verification, evaluation, feasibility, optioneering and outline design of solutions using hydraulic modelling software (preferably in InfoWorks CS/ICM SE/ICM 2D or Windes or Bentley suite of software).
- Other related software experience can be in TUFLOW, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM, XPSWMM, MicroDrainage.
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of drainage infrastructure and practices related to UK water industry.
- Working towards achieving chartership with appropriate institution (i.e., ICE, CIWEM)
- A strong, self-motivated and assertive person capable of working under pressure.
- Good communication & writing skills.
- Flexible to adopt new work /challenge work as per business requirement.
- Has sound analytical skills in quantitative and data interpretation.
Atkins as an Employer
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool
Please Review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement Here
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to Staffing and Direct Hire Agencies
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
More About Us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about Atkins, take a look at our website
For current open positions you can visit our career page- https://careers.snclavalin.com/
Come be a part of an ever-growing Global Team and help us achieve our vision to engineer a better future for our planet and its people. Apply now!