- MSc/MA or Ph.D. in economics, finance or related field
- 5+ years of experience in agriculture, biodiversity, water, land-use or climate/disaster risk management
- Knowledge of QGIS, R, Python or GAMS
- Experience in upward managing and supporting a multi-organisation consortium
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Good business development and project management experience
- Ability to think strategically and to work in a fast-paced and complex work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English; working knowledge of other languages is an advantage
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will be based in our Amsterdam or London office as part of our Natural Resources team within Vivid Economics.
Vivid Economics is a mission-driven, strategic economics group that works with clients in both the public and private sectors to tackle some of the biggest sustainability issues facing our world today.
In March 2021, Vivid Economics and Planetrics became an integral part of McKinsey Sustainability, a client service platform with the goal of helping all industry sectors transform to get to net zero by 2050 and cut carbon emissions by half by 2030. By combining deep industry knowledge, advanced analytics, and proven change management approaches with specialized expertise in economics and sustainability, we help our clients achieve sustainable growth.
Headquartered in London and with projects that spans the globe, we are renowned for ‘putting economics to good use’ to impact public policy and commercial decision-making. Our expertise and cutting-edge analytical tools are used across a wide variety of sectors, and we pride ourselves on the depth of our knowledge and the flexibility with which we approach change.
Vivid Economics is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will analyse new and complex economic problems, design and apply advanced methods, and produce high quality end products for an exciting portfolio of client. In this role, you will focus on areas such as land use & agriculture, biodiversity, water resources, climate & disaster risk management, and health. You will identify and contribute to business development and marketing opportunities. You will coordinate and lead the development of bid materials for a range of clients, with a focus on bilateral and multilateral donors and their government partners.
You will also manage the staff and parts of projects as well as develop client relationships.