Position Title: Senior Advisor, Agriculture, Resilience & Water (Part Time)
Department: Agriculture, Resilience & Water
Position Purpose: Provide high-level guidance and management to the Agriculture, Resilience & Water (ARW) team and high-level thought leadership on proposals.
Position Overview: This is a senior position on the ARW team, responsible for managing and advising project staff, ensuring successful operations, government/stakeholder relations, and monitoring evaluation & learning (MEL), as well as sound deliverables and achievement of results. This position is expected to provide depth of knowledge and direction beyond a typical program manager/senior program manager, partnering directly with the Chief of Party to effectively move the project from an extended startup mode to efficient and effective results-based implementation, and to guide and troubleshoot complex scenarios. This position is also responsible for leading and/or serving as lead writer and designer of large priority proposals within ARW.
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure successful implementation of projects in the ARW portfolio. Advise the project COP and Team Leads to enable them to successfully and efficiently carry out operations, MEL, government/stakeholder relationship management, deliverables, and impacts. Develop and advise on strategies to overcome unprecedented and unique operational challenges.
- Fulfill home office project manager duties for ARW project – including tracking progress and budget; reviewing and guiding operational transactions; approving wire requests and field financial reports; preparing workplans, budgets, and reports; and providing project information and updates as per Winrock’s [email protected] standards and tools.
- Directly supervise Chief of Parties for ARW projects.
- Serve as capture/proposal lead and/or lead writer for priority multi-million-dollar proposals. Provide thought leadership on technical design and teaming, staffing, and budgeting strategies for these proposals.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience required. This includes at least 10 years of prior experience implementing USAID projects and 10 years in lead roles related to new business development experience.
- Deep international project management experience on multi-million dollar USAID projects, including all aspects of implementation, e.g. procurement, budget, staff management, and strategic planning, is required.
- Implementation experience in complex, highly political environments.
- Proven success leading multimillion-dollar proposals for U.S. government clients.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills – and ability to apply these skills to complex implementation challenges, technical design, and proposal writing.
- Self-starter who can apply creative thinking to develop innovative implementation models, and who can lead proposals/new business initiatives independently.
- Project monitoring and evaluation skills required.
- Ability to lead and coordinate teams located around the word while developing capacity and empowering junior staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills for managing relationships with donors, colleagues, and clients – and ability to provide sound guidance to project team(s) on these aspects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint), Skype, and other technologies.
Winrock offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization