Summary: The global water sector is undergoing a significant transformation, headlined by the increasing adoption of more innovative digital solutions to optimize the management of aging infrastructure assets, workforces, and operations. This shift towards an internet-of-things approach is attracting new players like Big Tech firms, telecoms, and investors seeking to carve out positions alongside a deep roster of established hardware, software and services providers.
Bluefield is seeking a tech-savvy, visionary thinker wanting to research and analyze the emerging trends that will shape tomorrow’s opportunities in digital water. The Analyst will play a leading role on Bluefield’s team and be responsible for guiding clients on the changes in market environments, growth trends, and company strategies related to digital transformation within the water sector – with a global focus on North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America regions.
Guide companies and utilities as a subject matter expert in digital water:
- Lead a steady level of deliverable output to clients, including written reports, presentations, forecast models, and client workshops.
- Initiate, write and produce regular executive briefings, PowerPoint presentations and market forecasts, while becoming an expert in this growing field.
- Build and maintain project databases, company profiles, financing deals, and technology deployment, including development of online dashboards.
- Understand the key building blocks of digital strategies – including underlying infrastructure, software integration, and business cases related to specific technologies.
- Analyze the water supply chain and trends impacting market development- M&A, partnerships, project announcements, technology adoption.
- Support the research demands of Bluefield’s other research groups and consulting practice as a subject matter expert.
- Demonstrate to clients and team members a knowledge and expertise in the analysis of the water sector, water technology, and overall market opportunities.
- Interact with clients on an ongoing basis to provide market research, competitive analysis, and strategy support.
- Support Sales and Marketing teams in client and prospect meetings.
- Build an professional industry profile through speaking opportunities at conferences and company board meetings.
Show off your education, skills, and experience:
- Undergraduate degree, required.
- 2-5 years relevant experience, within the IT, telecoms, water, energy, infrastructure, or market research fields.
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases helpful.
- Experience with Tableau, Qlik, Sisense…etc. preferred
- A keen attention to detail and highly effective organization skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to conduct desk-based primary research, including interviews with key industry stakeholders unfamiliar with Bluefield Research
- Flexible to travel once the pandemic subsides.
- Near-native English, other languages a plus.
- Healthcare insurance reimbursement
- Vacation (three weeks)
- Paid time off (sickness and health)
- Public holidays (8-10)
- 401k investment plan
- Upward mobility in a start-up culture that allows for potential a role in management with demonstrated success
- The compensation package (base salary, plus performance related pay) will be commensurate with experience.
- Our team is spread around the globe, even before the pandemic. Given the concentration of team members in Boston and Barcelona, the benefits to being in these locations are strong and preferred. More important is accountability and fit with our team culture.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up