REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(Consultant Services – Individual Consultant)
Republic of Angola
Water Sector Institutional Development Project II (WSIDP II)
Credit No. IBRD-87020
Project ID No. P151224
Reference No. 112CS4/UCP/21
The Government of the Republic of Angola (GoA) has received financing from the World Bank and the French Agency of Development (AFD) toward the cost of the Second Water Sector Institutional Development Project (WSIDP-2), and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the financing to procure the services of an individual consultant for the position of Environmental Specialist to support to the WSIDP 2.
An Environmental Specialist with appropriate work experience and qualifications will be hired to hold the responsibility in the implementation and monitoring of the environmental safeguard policies and tools associated with project interventions. The Environmental Specialist, together with the Senior Environmental Specialist, will be the central resource persons in the FCMU-WB/AFD for coordination of all environmental aspects related to the project, under the directly supervision of the Project Executive Coordinator, ensuring compliance with ESMF/RPF provisions and consideration of specific ESHS requirements from WBG EHS Guidelines on Environmental, Health, and Safety for Water and Sanitation, as well as relevant Angolan legislation.The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
The Financial and Contract Management Unit (FCMU-WB/AFD) of the Ministry of Energy and Water (MINEA) now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested individual consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
The Consultant must have the following qualifications and expertise:
- University degree in environmental studies or engineering; post-graduation degree in related fields will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years post qualification and proven working experience in environmental risk management. Previous experience with water supply and sanitation projects will be an advantage.
- Specific expertise in the following areas:
- Environmental assessment methods and management of environmental assessment studies.
- Assessment/Preparation of ESIAs and ESMPs.
- Practical experience with site environmental monitoring of construction works.
- Highly preference for candidates with experience with application of Angolan environmental impact assessment regulations and the World Bank Safeguards/ Environmental and Social Framework (ESF).
- Experience with environmental and social management frameworks (ESMF/RPF) in similar projects.
- Preference for candidates with proven experience in the application or certification in environmental, health and safety EHS.
- Experience with Government of Angola´s environmental regulatory framework standard procedures and practices will be a plus.
- Fluency in Portuguese and Portuguese and working knowledge in English is required.
- Computer literacy.
The duration of the assignment of the Environmental Specialist will be for a period of 24 months, on a full-time basis, with possible extension upon satisfactory performance.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2017 and July 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Consultant Guidelines.
Interested individual consultants may obtain further information (only by email) at the address below during office hours from 08.00 to 15.00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below (by only e-mail) on or before 14 hours, October 1, 2021
Ministério da Energia e Águas (MINEA)
Financial and Contract Management Unit (FCMU – WB/AFD)
Attention: Sr. Eng.º Lucrécio Costa
Rua Via S8, Condomínio DOLCE VITA, Edifício A1, 3º andar, Talatona, Luanda, Angola
Tel.: +244 222 024 757 /+244 924 746 294
E-mail: [email protected];