Wetlands International South Asia seeks Applications for the Position of Communications Officer
Wetlands International South Asia is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to conservation and wise use of wetlands in South Asia region.
Wetlands International South Asia office seeks a Communications Officer to support development of the organization’s communications strategy. The incumbent should be adept at developing content and managing communications for a range of projects, as well as maintain website and social media presence. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing news, views and features that bring organization’s work into spotlight as well as craft compelling narratives to support policy engagement and resource development on diverse themes of natural resources such as ecosystem conservation, climate change adaptation and mitigation, food and water security and building resilience.
This is a full-time position based in New Delhi.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for leading on communications strategy and managing communications for various programmes of Wetlands International South Asia.
- Contribute to development of communication strategy in line with overarching organizational strategy.
- Maintain website including content development, coordinating updates and monitoring analytics.
- Maintain social media presence, familiarity with Linkedin, Twitter and Instagram would be an added advantage
- Develop informational and promotional written, visual and digital communications materials to support advocacy, fundraising, reporting and external relations management for various audiences.
- Prepare infographics on key concepts.
- Act as the communications focal point for project partnerships.
- Developing communications plans in close collaboration with the project team, advocacy leads and partners.
- Coordinate for designing and publishing of select resource material of the organisation
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters’ degree in mass communication, journalism, natural resources management or related fields
- At least four years’ relevant work experience in journalism, copywriting or other communications tasks. Experience with environmental organisations would be preferable.
- Demonstrated track record in website content development and management, writing and editing articles, social-media, reports, leaflets, flyers, news and blogs
- Knowledge of WordPress and Hotsuite
- Knowledge of graphic design tools such as suite of Adobe tools
- Working experience with media
- Understanding and interest in environment or wetland issues
The incumbent will be placed in Grade 4 of salary scale, with an annual gross remuneration of Rs. 8.5 lakhs with all perks. A higher start can be considered for deserving candidates.
Interested candidates may send their detailed resume along with one writing sample at [email protected] by September 30th, 2021 with ‘Application: Communications Officer’ in subject line. The resume should provide information on candidate’s ability to meet the mentioned qualifications and experience and perform the tasks described above.
Job Email id: recruitment(at)wi-sa.org