Sector Director (Environment and Natural Resources)
Tetra Tech International Development Services (IDS) is accepting expressions of interest for highly qualified candidates for the role of Sector Director of our Environment and Natural Resources (ENR) sector. The ENR Sector Director will lead, oversee, and collaborate with colleagues on both new business development and program implementation, for clients including USAID and other U.S. government agencies, multilateral development banks, agencies of the United Nations, local and national governments, and the private sector. It is essential that candidates demonstrate prior success with new business development, proposal writing, and for-profit contract management. The Sector Director embodies and understands the vision, leadership, decision making, technical competence, effective budget development and management, and personal commitment for accountability that are required for success in our business environment. This position will be preferably be based in Burlington, Vermont, and report to the Vice President of Operations.
* Provide leadership, vision and management for Tetra Tech IDS’s new business development activities in the ENR sector, including maintaining and expanding our core services, diversifying the client base, and cross-selling Tetra Tech services;
* Supervise overall business development and contract performance, contract oversight, sound business practices, and technical integrity of sector projects; coordinate with sector project managers at regular intervals, and help project managers, deputy project managers, and project management teams to craft appropriate responses to contract challenges, problems, and issues;
* Develop and maintain leadership, technical vision, and strategy development in the sector;
* Grow sector contract backlog and maximize sector revenue contribution to the Annual Operation Plan (AOP);
* Represent the ENR sector internally and with other business units within Tetra Tech and clients;
* Maintain and grow project performance reputation with clients, partners, and program beneficiaries;
* Provide technical advice and solutions to proposal development and projects in other Tetra Tech ARD sectors;
* Manage and supervise ENR sector staff, including: sustaining billability percentages, workload balance, and projections; ensuring availability of professional development opportunities; and providing regular performance feedback; and
* Serve as proposal or project manager, lead technical writer, Senior Management reviewer, and/or provide short-term technical assistance, among other tasks, as germane and necessary.
* Minimum of a graduate degree in forestry, environmental sciences, natural resource management, climate change, ecology, or other related field;
* Minimum of 15 years of professional experience, including at least 10 years related to international development;
* Proven excellence and qualifications in a natural resources management or related field (e.g., forestry, biodiversity conservation, watershed management, community-based natural resources management, coastal zone management, resource economics, climate change adaptation, environmental compliance and management);
* Demonstrated technical excellence and ability to grow a portfolio of new ENR business;
* Ability to inclusively lead multidisciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field - with record of effective delegation, communication, and motivation;
* Exceptional intercultural communication skills, particularly writing and presenting to clients and partners;
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction, through technical excellence of deliverables and managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget;
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and perform numerous tasks simultaneously;
* Established track record of writing, winning, and managing USAID and USG procurements;
* Strong network of contacts relevant to ENR work within the international development community;
* Functional competence in at least one major foreign language preferred (including Spanish, French, and/or Arabic);
* High level proficiency in MS Office applications;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment;
* Availability for short-term international field work (>20%); and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references (including at least one direct report) including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
* Writing Sample (must be sole authorship, maximum 10 pages, or authored sections highlighted)
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY: http://ow.ly/uhNa30lZhyl
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 13,000 employees worldwide, 300 offices worldwide and 3 Billion revenue in FY 2018, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.