ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. The commitment of ACTED and that if our teams is guided by 4 core values: (1) Responsibility: we ensure the efficient and responsible delivery of humanitarian aid with the means and the resources that have been entrusted to us. (2) Impact: we are committed to having the most sustainable impact for the communities and the people with whom we engage. (3) Enterprising-spirit: we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges. (4) Inspiration: we strive to inspire all those around us through our vision, values, approaches, choices, practice, actions and advocacy.
ACTED is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the framework of its programs in Syria. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to ACTED Code of conduct and ACTED Global Policies especially regarding the protection of children and the protection against sexual exploitation and abuse. A rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken, and information will be requested from previous employers about any disciplinary action of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures*.*
· ACTED is committed to gender equity and to have a balanced and diverse workforce. ACTED strongly encourages qualified women, persons with disabilities and persons from under-represented groups to apply to the position.
· ACTED offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, and career coaching.
· ACTED never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge.
· The necessity of ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, with proper attention to promoting diversity, is the most important concern in the recruitment and employment of staff at ACTED.
The Sub WASH Engineer is responsible for the implementation of ACTED’s WASH program in camps especially WASH-related infrastructure and services
Chain of Command
Under the authority of: WASH Engineer
Responsible for: WASH Monitors
- Logistics Officer
- PR Officer
- AME Officer
- WASH monitors
- Hygiene promotion Officer
- Data Officer
- Outreach workers
- Services Suppliers
- Camps Management/Committees
Duties and Responsibilities
· Field supervision, monitoring and controlling of the construction, and rehabilitation activities for the WASH facilities, and infrastructure in IDPs Camps.
· Field monitoring of the implementation of water and sanitation infrastructure operations, and the provision of basic WASH services.
· Contribute in the technical assessments, engineering studies and designs for various WASH facilities and infrastructure in IDPs camps.
· Ensure that proper water quality management activities are undertaken in alignment with ACTED’s water quality standards
· Participating on planning and selection of suppliers, material, etc. and confirm the quality of services and materials.
· Help in preparing understandable BOQs for various services in collaboration with the Engineer/WASH.
· Maintain good communications and working relations with other stakeholders.
· Share program-related information on the status of activities and achievement to WASH Engineer.
· Contribute in rapid/ need assessments for new IDPs sites.
· Participate in emergency response activities as needed.
· Degree in civil, Environmental, Water, or mechanical engineering or any related engineering degree.
· Minimum one year of engineering experience. Working in Humanitarian Organization in WASH department is highly desired.
· Experience in and willingness to work and live in a rural environment
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with as a team member.
· Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
· Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
· Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office) and AutoCAD is a must and other engineering software knowledge is an asset.
· Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken), English skills is desired.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form by this link
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided.