Chief of Party (Amazon Knowledge Learning Platform Activity)
Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting applications for a Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming five-year USAID-funded Amazon Knowledge Learning Platform Activity. The purpose of this biodiversity conservation initiative is to support the adaptive management of USAID programs under the Amazon vision and improve knowledge and evidence for the conservation of Amazon biodiversity and climate change mitigation services.
The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall field strategy. This position will likely be based in Lima, Peru for the life of the project.
· Oversee all technical and administrative aspects of the program.
· Serve as the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other partners and provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors.
· Develop strategic objectives and confirm project compliance with USAID regulations.
· Manage the project’s implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and efficient budgeting and financial management.
· Responsible for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
· Evaluate and document project progress and lessons learned.
· Master’s degree in biology, forestry, ecology or relevant natural, environmental or social science discipline required.
· Minimum 12 years in director-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in the Latin America Region, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project.
· Minimum 10 years of project experience working in one or more technical disciplines: biodiversity conservation, knowledge management and learning, monitoring and evaluation, deforestation monitoring, land-use planning, and/or other relevant technical areas.
· Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders (multicultural and/or multi-country), fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and understanding and addressing the needs of the most vulnerable.
· Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context(s) in the Amazon basin region.
· Familiarity with ‘Open Standards for the Practice of Conservation’ a plus.
· Experience working in the Latin America region, preferably Amazon basin countries.
· Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish are required. Brazilian Portuguese a plus.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.