Deputy Chief of Party (Amazon Knowledge Learning Platform Activity)
Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting applications for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the upcoming five-year USAID-funded Amazon Knowledge Learning Platform Activity. The purpose of this biodiversity conservation initiative is to support the adaptive management of USAID programs under the Amazon vision and improve knowledge and evidence for the conservation of Amazon biodiversity and climate change mitigation services.
The DCOP will serve a program management function to ensure effective coordination and integration across USAID’s Amazon BMPs’ project components and oversight of the M&E plan development and implementation.
· Master’s degree in environmental sciences, natural resources management, environmental impact analysis, forestry, biology, ecology, policy, business administration, or other relevant social science discipline.
· Minimum 10 years of experience managing large complex multi-year programs, preferably as DCOP or equivalent role for USAID or similar donors.
· Proven staff management, project administration, and financial management skills including ability to develop and manage relationships with a diverse set of government officials and stakeholders.
· Experience working with conversation programs preferably in the Amazon region.
· Experience with planning, coordination, communication, knowledge management, learning, and monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and approaches.
· Fluent oral and written skills in Spanish and English. Portuguese skills a plus.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.